Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, is looking for a Nurse Educator for Perioperative Services to join the Noble Hospital team!
This is an exciting opportunity for Nurses with at least 3 years of experience in either the operating room (or a mix of the OR, PACU and/or Pre-Operative services) to transition from the bedside and still be involved in creating the best patient care possible.
Part Time 24 hours – 1st shift
24 hour, flexible schedule
No weekends of holidays
Career development, CEU allowance and Loan reimbursement
Comprehensive benefits package with low cost medical/dental
Paid Time Off
Baystate takes the safety of employees and patients very seriously and is adhering to all PPE and safety guidelines for Covid-19.
Baystate Noble Hospital (Baystate Noble) is a 85-bed acute care community hospital helping people in the Greater Westfield community and offers direct access to world-class technology, diagnostics, and specialists.
More than 300 On-staff physicians
More than 450 total employees
2,600 yearly inpatient admissions
More than 28,000 yearly Emergency Department visits
The teams at Noble hospital passionately work to ensure that the Westfield communities have access to exceptional healthcare, close to home.
This community based hospital has a positive culture that is built on patient, provider and staff experience.
The Pre-op/PACU unit has 16 beds and has 4 Operating Rooms. This unit has cutting edge technology: Radioactive Seed Localization of lesions, Phosphorescent guided surgical procedures, Hidden Scar Center of Excellence for Breast Surgery.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator/Educator is the primary educational resource for the staff. The CNC/Educator Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation of new employees, educational programs, certification programs, and remedial programs as needed to maintain a safe level of care.
1) Provides educational support to all clinical staff on the unit.
2) Responsible for maintaining the clinical competencies of the staff through annual validation days, in-services etc.
3) Responsible for participating in development of plans of care and education for clinical staff.
4) Acts as a clinical resource to staff involved in the care of the patient.
5) Responsible for organizing and facilitating the orientation of all new clinical staff.
6) Collaborates with Manager/ANM regarding employee performance management.
7) Collects QI data and monitors unit compliance. Educates and collaborates with staff and management regarding unit specific QI as well as organizational QI initiatives and Core measure data, with feedback to the staff.
8) Annually evaluates, refines, updates and revises orientation curriculum to reflect current BFMC nursing practices.
9) Ensures the clinical competence of staff through the direct interaction and observation, ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and feedback from the clinician and other members of the health care team.
10) Identifies, develops, prioritizes, and oversees the educational needs of nursing and auxiliary staff based on the regulations requirements, new and/or updated policies and procedures, quality initiatives and staff, provider, and nurse manager requests.
11) Identifies and utilizes up to date educational methodologies, i.e. on-line training, based on accepted learning theories for the adult learner in the development and presentation of educational programs.
Bachelor's Degree Nursing
RN – MA – Required
Required within six months of hire (Baystate will provide required training):
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree: Nursing (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – Other, Emergency Nursing Pediatric Certification (ENA) – Emergency Nurses Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts, Trauma Nurse Core Course – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.