Community Health Worker - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Community Health Worker
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Practice Administrator and Medical Director, the Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Program outreach activities for Brightwood Health Center under our CRVFHP Program. This Grant-funded position enhances community health center services and supports the mission to provide quality & compassionate services to our Connecticut River Valley Farm Health Program (CRVFHP). Adheres to Massachusetts Department of Health system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations toward providing health care services to our Agricultural Workers and patients in Baystate hospital and community health center settings. Insures competent program staff to achieve program goals and objectives, as well as meets CRVFHP established deadlines.
1) Maintain The Massachusetts League of Community Health Center CRVFHP program database assuring accuracy and timely submission of billing, reports, etc., and attend all MDPH required meetings and training. Interpret and transfer information of program changes to program staff. Develop program reports as required by The Mass League; develop and implement Performance Improvement for the program.
2) Interview, train, supervise and develop program staff, including performance management. Develop and maintain staffing schedules and approve timesheets. Convene and document monthly program staff meetings.
3) Promote and market program services to target populations, as identified by contract (i.e., PSAs, newspaper advertisement, radio carts, etc.) Enroll patients following Mass League eligibility guidelines. Act as liaison with providers to interpret program guidelines.
4) Develop, implement and revise Workplan for the program to achieve capacity goals. Maintain a supply of patient resource materials to achieve program goals. Represent BMC/CHC at program-related community events and collaborate with community-based organizations to promote program goals. Develop and schedule volunteers to assist with program outreach.
5) Assist in the development of the program budget. Monitor budget to assure expenses and revenue are neutral. Assist in the development of funding proposals to maintain the program
6) Complete Annual Funding / Program Application Renewal submitting all necessary documentation.
7) Acts as liaison with Mass League of Community Health Centers
Oversight of team conducting outreach and Field Medical Clinics when H2A workers are present.
Required Work Experience:
1) Have 2 to 3 years of experience working with underserved populations with a particular emphasis on reaching populations outside of traditional settings. Community Health Worker/ outreach work or related experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must be able to read and write fluently in English and Spanish
2) Be comfortable conducting fieldwork in various urban and rural environments, including on evenings and or weekends.
3) Possess an understanding of and have demonstrated success providing primary education regarding the most common chronic conditions in our underserved migrant population
4) Be able to communicate effectively and clearly with individuals across a broad range of racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic statuses.
5) Knowledge of community programs and agencies serving our H2A and Seasonal Migrant Work.
6) Ability to work autonomously, be self-driven, and independently.
7) Ability to work as part of a team, leading outreach workers with day-to-day oversight and guidance.
8) Demonstrate ability to use Microsoft Office products, including excel
9) Demonstrate alignment with all organization’s missions.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.