Quality - Baystate Health
Category(s): Performance/Analytics/Quality, Quality
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Outcomes RN assumes a clinical leadership position in the team. This RN must be expert in understanding the registry definitions, abstract data and work with other members of the team to send accurate timely data to external regulatory agencies. He/she prepares the benchmark reports, understands the key opportunities and with the clinical team/MD champion works to improve documentation and outcomes. This RN will collaborate with Service line committees, Health Care Quality, peer review committees and health information management as well as external registries.
1) Coordinates data maintenance for department and assigned projects by: Reviewing patient charts, extrapolating data for reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Works with MD changes on Team to facilitate complete documentation to produce accurate outcomes. Collaborates with Associates to enter data, run queries and create analyses for selected projects and presentations. Reviews outcomes with MD leadership to ensure data submission is accurate. Although not directly responsible for sending quarterly reports to State mandated Agencies, familiarity with the process with a special emphasis on deadlines is required.
2) Provides professional oversight for subject content by: Keeps up to date with changes, definitions, education in registry websites, and attendance at registry meetings and memberships. Is knowlegable about changes in "best practice" of the diseases and procedures for which they are assigned. Collaborates frequently with Health Care Quality, Heart &Vascular Peer review committees and Health Information Management.
3) Is a leader in Outcomes team as evidenced by: Collaborates with Associate and team to complete work of department. Works independently and is self directed toward timely completion of submissions. Works with MD leader to provide expertise in outcomes.
4) Prepares data reports for use in the organization: Formates data / benchmarked reports for presentation to performance improvement teams and service leaders. Monitors negative trends and brings them to the attention of service line eladers and physician partners. Works with Clinical Research to mine registry data for research studies.
Required Work Experience:
1) Experience requirements include strong computer skills: desktop databases, internet databases and Microsoft Suite Applications (MS Office, Word, Excell, Access, PowerPoint)
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 1-3 years of clinical of health care data management experience
2) Experience with data collection preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Individual should have a high level of time management and efficiency skills and an ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
2) Must have an understanding of the principles surrounding performance improvement, quality of care, outcomes measurement and analysis and health care cost measurement and containment
3) Must also have the ability to work well independently and with a team
4) Must have the ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the department
5) Must be adaptable to new database expansion and changing clinical measures
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.