Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Provide Occupational Therapy services under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
1) Identifies indications for and assists in evaluation as appropriate under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
2) Conducts both individual and group treatment as assigned by the Occupational Therapist in the areas of ADL, functional mobility, ROM, strength, coordination, cognitive/perceptual remediation and functional maintenance.
3) Assists the Occupational Therapist in the selection of occupational therapy techniquest/media and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques/media as indicated by patient performance and following consultation with the Occupational Therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan is to be made without prior consultation with Occupational Therapist.
4) Adheres to department and patient schedules and modifies as appropriate for treatment regimen.
5) Provides /recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment; trains patient, family members and staff as needed in the use of such devices.
6) Adheres to the department policies in regards to proper documentation and billing practices.
7) Records billable time in accordance with department policy and adheres to all corporate compliance standards.
8) Employee is well-versed in hospital safety policies and procedures.
9) Participates in interdisciplinary meeting as needed
10) Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity stanrds.
11) Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
12) Assists the Occupational Therapist in PIC reports, studies, etc.
13) Complies with all hospital infection control policies and procedures.
14) Adheres to confidentially standards set forth by the hospital.
15) Projects a positive and professional image at all times. Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
16) Coordinates with other departments, facilitates to provide maximum level of total care for patient.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant – National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.