Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are looking for a Nursing Supervisor to join our team!
Resume required with application
- Per diem, ideal candidate should be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Greenfield, MA
American Heart Association BLS CPR
RN License required
Minimum of 4 years of clinical experience as an RN
Minimum of 2 years of supervisory-management experience
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
The Clinical Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the safe and effective management of patient care. The supervisor is responsible for translating the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and inpatient services.
1) Coordinates patient care activities across all units/departments for a designated shift. Acts as senior administrator on duty for patient care areas and other departments when unit and department managers as appropriate. Responds to patient care issues, investigates complaints and occurrences. Completes essential administrative reports for the shift, including occurrence reports in a timely manner. Understands labor-management contract and implements all essential components during shift assigned.
2) Monitors and insures excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care on the nursing unit. Ensures the clinical competence of staff through the direct interaction and observation, ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and feedback from other members of the health care team. Administers direct nursing care to patients to role model appropriate patient care interventions. Maintains competence in clinical skills: IV starts; medical administration; computer/CIS skills; IVAD/CIS access; and patient care protocols. Serves as clinical expert for patients, families, staff and other departments. Rounds on every unit as often as needed during designated shift.
3) Assists in the orientation of staff, monitors patient care, and makes direct observations of the outcomes of care. Provides feedback to staff to promote growth and development. Collaborates with nurse manager and nurse educators to promote competent practice. Identifies opportunities for education through observation, dialogues, and review of policies and procedures.
4) Monitors patient care activities determining patient care needs, staff competencies and available resources. Directs resources as needed to meet patient care requirements. Calls in additional staff to meet patient care requirements. Updates ANSOS to facilitate compilation of accurate productivity and attendance reports. Documents variances in staffing utilizing computer generated scheduling system. Works with nurse manager and staff coordinator to anticipate staffing needs on other shifts.
5) Attends departmental meetings monthly. Communicates directly with clinical manager regarding patient care issues or staff performance issues as needed. Participates in at least one department and/or hospital committee. Assures adherence to hospital policy and compliance with regulations concerning control of medications. Maintains good interdepartmental relations. Adheres to Franklin Medical Center’s policies, including appearance, attendance and punctuality.
6) Engages in continuing education activities with an emphasis on leadership/ management. Is a member of a professional nursing organization. Exemplifies the Baystate Best operating principals in all interactions.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 4 years of clinical experience as an RN.
2) Minimum of 2 years of supervisory-management experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas: patient/customer service skills; communication, interpersonal relationship building; conflict management.
2) Strong clinical performance.
3) Serves as role model.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Allison LeDuc, Senior Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Nursing (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.