Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** SIGN-ON BONUS, UP TO $20,000 **
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a full-time night shift Registered Nurse/Nurse Resident to join our Medical/Intercare team!
Our medical surgical step-down ICU unit provides elbow-to-elbow support and comes fully equipped to help you do what YOU do best, provide for our patients!
- 42 bed Medical Stepdown unit equipped with bedside hemodynamic measuring (21 beds) and 24 hour monitoring of those systems.
- 21 medical beds with telemetry capabilities, as well as continuous O2 monitoring.
- Unit frequently cares for trached vent dependent patients as well as Bipap/CPap rescue needs and Hi Flow O2 delivery systems.
- Patient ratios of 1:5 on Medical unit & 1:3 on Intercare unit.
- This unit is supported by a nurse educator as well as an evening clinical nurse coordinator. Also supported around the clock by respiratory therapy and APP/MD on site, as well as ancillary support, ( monitor techs, ambulation techs, PCTS and Operations assistants)
- We provide supportive, individualized, and tailored orientation.
- The only major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area.
Benefits for you!
- Established career ladders with guaranteed compensation increases
- Nursing forgivable loan program as well as tuition reimbursement
- First time home buyers’ program
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Competitive 403b retirement match
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical and financial health
- Nights – 7P – 7A
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays
- Location: Baystate Medical Center Springfield
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required. ACLS required within one year.
- Education: ADN required; BSN preferred.
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus
Associate Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.