Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Nurse Residency Program
SIGN ON BONUS! Up to $15,000!
Baystate Health—western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence—is hiring new graduate RNs for the Nurse Residency Program!
Our accredited Nurse Residency Program will bring opportunities for growth and development within Baystate Medical Center during your first ten months of clinical nursing. This program provides continued education for any nurse with less than one year of experience. The Nurse Residency Program will provide a diverse and engaging curriculum, a comprehensive unit-based orientation, and professional pathways exclusively available to nurse residents with an overarching goal of expanding professional development within the nursing lens.
The program is imbedded with layers of support at the unit, program, organization, and system levels to help develop successful, competent, and valued nurses. Join the Baystate team dedicated to a culture of safety, shared governance, nursing autonomy, and patient experience by joining the Nurse Residency program now!
Our current openings at Baystate Medical Center include:
- Neurosciences – Brain and Spine Unit
- D5A and NIU Neurosciences are a 37 bed neuro-acute and 9 bed neuro-intercare department within a 4-time Magnet designated organization.
- We provide comprehensive care for complex neurological and neurosurgical conditions such as stroke, epilepsy, brain injuries, spinal injuries, spinal surgeries, and brain and spinal tumors.
- The Neurosciences Department is composed of a collaborative team of dedicated professionals geared towards achieving excellence in patient-centered care.
- Team-work, achieving a culture of safety, and continued shared governance models are just a few of the many components that make D5A/NIU Neurosciences great!
- Come join a team passionate in the neuroscience specialty!
MAGNET RECOGNITION & SHARED GOVERNANCE:
Baystate Medical Center has achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a distinction that places the hospital’s nursing staff among the finest in the nation. Shared decision-making between the bedside nurses and nurse leaders, which includes areas such as resources, nursing research/evidence-based practice projects, new equipment purchases, and staffing is what makes us stand out from our competition.
SAFETY & SUPPORT:
PPE coaches and educators are on site to help you throughout the day or night. Baystate Health is committed to your safety and education. We provide the appropriate resources you need to care for yourself and your patients.
Baystate health is accredited to provide continuing education programs for all our nurses. Learning and mentoring is at the core of our professional practice model. Baystate sponsors nurses obtaining certification and supports nurse empowerment through attendance at national conferences, loan reimbursement and loan forgiveness.
ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
- 12-hour shifts, 36 hours per week, rotating holidays/weekends – days and nights available!
- Opportunities available at: Baystate Medical Center
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Education: ADN required
- Resume required with application, cover letter preferred (please indicate your top 3 areas of interest in your cover letter)
For more information on the Nurse Residency Program, please visit us online at: https://www.baystatehealth.org/education-research/education/nurse-residency
For other jobs, please visit us at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Consultant II/Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.