Research Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Research, Research Support
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
The Nurse Researcher designs and implements scientific studies, looking for ways to improve health, health care services and health care outcomes. Provides support for development, implementation and evaluation of an evidenced based, integrated, contemporary model of care for the patient. Encourages the advancement of clinical nursing practice through review, critique, and dissemination of relevant current literature, research findings, and professional standards. Collaborates with her / his Director, Unit Managers, Medical Directors, and multidisciplinary teams in defining strategies for supporting and encouraging the integration of research into clinical practice through participation in related clinical, educational, and quality activities, including program evaluation. The nurse researcher may write competitive grant applications, report study results and prepare journal articles so strong technical writing skills are essential. Areas within the nursing research program at BMC are diverse and include, but are not limited to projects related to the development of new knowledge (research) and innovation/implementation (QI/PI). Consistent with the priorities of the National Institutes of Nursing Research (NINR) and the Institutes of Medicine/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (IOM/RWJD), projects may include ways to: Deliver health care services more effectively and efficiently, Improve quality of life for patients suffering from chronic illnesses, Encourage patients to make healthy choices about nutrition, fitness and lifestyle, Assure patient safety and prevent injury and illness, and Provide care and comfort to patients at the end of lifebn The nurse researcher has a deep understanding of the design and implementation of clinical research trials, and the funding necessary to support them. This role requires a broad clinical background along with an advanced education. The ideal candidate has experience in designing and implementing studies, collecting and analyzing data, reporting findings, writing grant applications, educating peers in academic or clinical settings, writing articles and research reports in nursing or medical professional journals or other publications, and presenting findings at conferences, meetings, and other professional speaking engagements.
1) Support nursing staff to identify research questions, design and conduct scientific studies, collect and analyze data and report their findings
2) Promotes evidenced based practice facilitating nursing research in collaboration with colleagues,peers and health care team members
3) Provide leadership and direction to staff for the advancement of nursing scholarship including, but not limited to, reporting results, preparing journal articles, and presenting at conferences or meetings
4) Develop and support a program of nursing scholarship at BMC to include: Professional development opportunities for all levels of nursing education and establishing a pathway for the bedside nurse to implement research and/or QI/PI work
5) Provide direction and support for the nurse-led research, new knowledge, and innovations council as part of nursing shared governance.
6) Act as a liason to the HRPP to support nurse-led research and QI projects through the IRB process.
7) As needed, serves as a leader, initiator and facilitator in the development, support and evaluation of nurse-led divisional programs to enhance quality workflow processes and clinical patient care practice
8) Adheres to and promotes the leadership standards, operating principles and organizational service standards of Baystate Medical Center
Required Work Experience:
1) 7 years minimum of Diverse nursing experience to include Quality improvement and Research
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Grant writing experience and familiarity with ANCC Magnet Requirements for Nursing Research
Skills and Competencies:
1) Demonstrated expertise in program development and experience designing and conducting research
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Doctorate: Nursing (Required), Master of Nursing: Nursing
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Registered Nurse – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.