Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Nurse Manager, Inpatient Medical Telemetry Unit
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a Nurse Manager to lead our Inpatient Medical Telemetry Unit.
S1400 is a 24-bed acute care nursing unit that provides care to Medical patients that may or may not require telemetry monitoring. This unit cares for a wide variety of medical issues, including Alzheimer’s/dementia, psych, sepsis or other advanced infections, fall/syncope, palliative/ hospice, stroke, COVID-19, cardiac diagnosis: atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, etc.
Our unit population consists of patients ages 20 to geriatrics. In addition to inpatient status, the staff also monitors and cares for patients who have been placed in an observation or outpatient extended stay status.
The Nurse Manager is expected to adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations. The Nurse Manager assumes accountability and responsibility for effectively executing philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the service. The Nurse Manager demonstrates BHS operating principles and behaviors. Is a lifelong learner and exhibits continued self development toward achievement of goals. The Nurse Manager is expected to maintain active membership in a relevant professional organization. Responsibility is centralized within five major areas: Clinical Practice and Quality Outcomes, Human Resource Leadership, Management of the Environment, Financial Growth and Stewardship, and Strategic Planning.
1) Clinical Practice and Quality Outcomes: The Nurse Manager is accountable for ensuring excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient- and family-centered care. Delivers on our organizational service excellence promise in all unit practices and programs, as evidenced by relevant metrics. Provides leadership in proactively developing quality driven, cost effective improvement initiatives. Collaborates and partners with members of interdisciplinary team to achieve outcomes in performance improvement efforts.
2) Human Resource Leadership: The Nurse Manager leads a positive work environment that facilitates the delivery of excellent patient and caregiver experiences. Staff are highly engaged, as evidenced by relevant metrics. Individual and collective practices reflect the core principles of Magnet. Initiates and manages necessary change, providing support and resources to staff. Seeks opportunities to build working alliances with other professional groups. Creates opportunities for shared governance in order to effectively solve problems. Fosters learning and professional growth opportunities for all staff. Communicates and holds staff accountable to clear performance expectations. Establishes staffing plans that respond to changing needs of the unit.
3) Management of the Patient Care Environment: The Nurse Manager is a leader who is highly visible on the patient care unit and is responsible for the effective management of patient progress and outcomes of care. Leads collaborative efforts with other departments and disciplines to meet patient care needs. Accountable for unit issues, including the adequacy of appropriate materials and equipment, until resolution occurs.
4) Financial Growth and Stewardship: The Nurse Manager is accountable to manage within budget as evidenced by metrics. Stewards financial resources and promotes growth by developing business plans and budget for their unit per organizational goals and other relevant factors. Establishes expectations with and holds accountable staff regarding the delivery of high quality, affordable care. Responds to budget variances in a proactive, timely manner.
5) Operational Planning: The Nurse Manager, in concert with nursing and medical director, sets a progressive pace for performance improvement and. based on assessment of internal and external influences. creates and implements plans that have a positive impact on the delivery of patient care and a positive work environment.
- Location: Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
- Dept: S1400, Inpatient Medical Telemetry Unit
- Shift: Full Time, Days
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- 5 years nursing in related setting
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or
interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Sr. Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing (Required)
Certified Registered Nurse – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.