Nurse Educators - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Nurse Educators
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a Nurse Educator to join our team!
At Baystate Health, RN means more. It stands for our deep respect for nursing professional practice that is essential to our mission. It also stands for Baystate’s many opportunities for growth and learning in the region’s only academic medical center and within our community hospitals, and it stands for our commitment to taking care of all those in the community who need us
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: ADULT EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
- Experience diverse pathologies and acuity as we serve over 122,000 adult and pediatric patients annually.
- Our 72,000 square foot ED is equipped with 94 private rooms, separate pediatric ED, separate behavioral health rooms and top-of-the-line technology.
- Providers are engaged in the department process.
- Staff committees are set up to implement change and create dynamic teams that work well together.
- BMC is a major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area.
The Nurse Educator (NE), utilizing innovative and flexible solutions (including leveraging information technology and simulation to enhance and streamline education), evidence based practice, and effective operations, is responsible for establishing an environment that transforms professional growth, role competence and proficiency in their specialty. The NE facilitates the achievement of professional/clinical outcomes with all assigned staff and/or patient populations.
The NE reports directly to their Department Manager, and collaborates with the clinical managers and other education/quality practitioners and leaders in defining goals which support major short and long-term divisional and organizational initiatives. Through this collaboration, the NE supports the implementation of the BH model of patient care. In collaboration with clinical managers and quality leaders, the NE is responsible for ensuring excellence in patient safety and quality, creating a culture of safety, and leading the development of staff competence and nursing professional practice. He/she enhances the quality of nursing practice and patient care by functioning as a consultant, QI/PI/research leader, and educator throughout the Division of Nursing. The NE leverages the ANPD model of Nursing Professional Development and encourages the advancement of clinical nursing practice and professional development through review, critique, and dissemination of relevant current literature, research findings, and professional standards.
In collaboration with Leadership, the NE is responsible for participation in the interview and selection of staff within their assigned unit or patient populations. For the first 6 months to 1 year, based on advancement with competencies, all staff newly hired with have a dotted line reporting relationship with the NE for their area and a direct line reporting relationship with the Unit Manager. This will facilitate continuous performance feedback for new hires during the initial orientation phase and pivotal first year of employment at BMC and will ensure successful professional enculturation and specialty nursing advancement and performance.
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Day Shift
- Location: Baystate Medical Center Springfield, MA
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Experience: 3 years experience in a clinical setting, 3 years experience in the Emergency Department required
- Education: Master's Degree in Nursing required
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Life insurance
- First time homebuyer program
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to: gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Doctor of Nursing Practice: Nursing, Master of Science: Nursing (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Certification in Specialty – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.