Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** SIGN-ON BONUS UP TO $8,000 **
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a full time night shift Nurse Resident for our inpatient Orthopedic unit.
- South Wing 7 contains 32 beds, all private rooms
- Primarily an Orthopedic unit with general medical surgical overflow
- We service a wide variety of patients, with a large population of elective surgeries such as total hip replacements, knee replacements and orthopedic trauma patients.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Baystate health is accredited to provide continuing education programs for all of our nurses. Learning and mentoring is at the core of our professional practice model. Baystate sponsors nurses obtaining certification and supports nurse empowerment through attendance at national conferences, loan reimbursement and loan forgiveness.
- MAGNET RECOGNITION & SHARED GOVERNANCE. Baystate Medical Center has achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a distinction that places the hospital’s nursing staff among the finest in the nation. Shared decision making between the bedside nurses and nurse leaders, which includes areas such as resources, nursing research/evidence-based practice projects, new equipment purchases, and staffing is what makes us stand out from our competition.
- ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off. Ask your recruiter for sign on bonus eligibility.
- Full Time nights
- 6 PM- 6 AM, every other weekend rotating holidays
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification
The Nurse Residency Program is designed to facilitate successful transition into professional practice for the new graduate RN from a baccalaureate program.
The Nurse Resident will participate in a unit orientation to the specific specialty/service line to which they are hired. The Nurse Resident will be supported by the Nurse Residency Program Manager and Facilitator and unit-based educator, manager and preceptors to professionally develop into the role of RN, apply theoretical concepts at the bedside, and develop critical thinking abilities.
The Nurse Resident under the supervision of the unit educator and manager and in collaboration with the Nurse Residency Program will be responsible for the provision of nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BH Standards of Care. The Nurse Resident demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected standards of care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, spiritual, safety, and age appropriate considerations of patients. The Nurse Resident assumes responsibility for the patient's plan of care and is held accountable for decisions specific to assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care.
The Nurse Resident provides direct patient care in collaboration with the interprofessional health care team. The Nurse Resident complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies and is currently licensed in the state of Massachusetts and a registered nurse.
1) Demonstrates organizational skills that maintain safe delivery of the standard of care for assigned patients/families; manages own assignment; delegates effectively based on patient needs and skills of team members;
2) Conducts accurate age appropriate clinical assessments; identifies and prioritizes patient/family strengths, needs and priorities; develops, implements and evaluates the patient's individualized plan of care. Documents all assessments according to policy.
3) Recognizes acute changes in patient status and intervenes appropriately
4) Develops a comprehensive educational plan for the patient/family, utilizing appropriate resources and documents accordingly.
5) Adheres to practice guidelines specific to the care setting: a.) utilizes standards, policies and procedures to support clinical decision making b.) seeks guidance from appropriate resources c.) demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement initiatives
6) Demonstrates caring practices that create a compassionate, supportive, and therapeutic environment for patients and staff, with the aim of promoting comfort and healing and preventing unnecessary suffering
7) Active participant in hospital wide and unit/service based orientation. Completes competency based orientation and mandatory education requirements. Is aware of shared governance structure at Baystate Health.
8) The registered nurse meets all clinical practice/safety and quality standards.
9) Attend and actively participate in all monthly seminars
10) Commit to hired hours; adhere to institutional policies and guidelines
11) Complete all required assessment tools and surveys
12) Complete an evidence based practice project
13) Complete a professional portfolio
14) Successfully complete Cardiac Dysrhythmia and advanced rescue course
15) Actively participates in unit specific inter-professional patient care rounds
16) Successfully completes
17) Demonstrates progress in meeting personal and professional goals
Required Work Experience:
1) Graduated with a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program within one year of hire date
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Clinical/Internship experience in service line
Skills and Competencies:
1) Baystate Health required competencies per department
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.