Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Openings at Baystate Health in Springfield and Westfield, Massachusetts
32 hours, evening shift, rotating weekends and holidays
32 hours, day shift, rotating weekends and holidays
24 hours, night shift, rotating weekends and holidays
24 hours, day shift, rotating weekends and holidays
Weekend and holiday rotation required
ABOUT BAYSTATE HEALTH
Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system serving over 800,000 people throughout western New England.
WHO WE ARE
With roots dating to the founding of Springfield Hospital in 1883, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate healthcare in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years.
Our facilities and services include:
- Baystate Medical Center: a teaching hospital, and the region’s only level 1 trauma center
- Baystate Children’s Hospital: the region’s only accredited, full-service children’s hospital
- Three community hospitals
- A network of more than 80 medical practices
- Health New England, a health insurance provider
- Home care and hospice services
- Comprehensive regional laboratory and diagnostic services
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Jim Pugliese, Healthcare Recruiter
Is training under the supervision of a registered MRI Tech and under the supervision of the Radiologist and according to established policies and procedures, operates MRI equipment as required, to obtain diagnostic images according to Radiologist specifications; will assist the Radiologist in protocols/procedures. Responsible for the care and treatment of all ranges of patients, which may use Imaging and Diagnostic Services.
The MRI Technologist performs diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies in accordance with hospital guidelines. Responsible for coordinating patient flow, operating all systems for routine, specialty and research studies, supporting protocol development, and performing all duties related to scanning and image processing. Consistently follows proper patient screening/care protocols and provides accurate documentation associated with each exam while supporting expedited patient throughput and diagnosis.
Conducts MRI imaging procedures on patients of all ages using state of the art imaging equipment. Through the use of independent judgment and initiative is able to perform MRI imaging sequences necessary to reach a medical diagnosis and decision. Is able to correctly bill all procedures performed and maintain necessary paperwork. Properly screens MRI patients and all persons entering the MRI suite. May be responsible for specific areas of instruction in the training of new staff or others in MRI procedures, protocols, equipment and/or safety issues. Performs related duties as requested. Treats patients, staff, physicians and the general public in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner. Incorporates the concepts of the Mission and Vision into practice.
1) Properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies to National Patient Safety Goals standards, ARRT Code of Ethics Standards and embodies the Cultural Compass. Performs procedures as outlined in this job description, including but not limited to routine, specialized, emergency and urgent MRI procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for providing accurate, high quality exams.
2) Learning and maintains knowledge of procedures/protocols and applies knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and is able to identify pathology, within scope of practice to obtain necessary diagnostic information. Responsible for independent and proficient operation of all assigned MRI equipment in the section, e.g. MR scanner, coils, positioning devices, MR physics and scanner parameter to provide the best image outcomes in a proficient and time sensitive manner.
3) Recognizes examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the radiologist, e.g. Critical Test Results and verifies timely transfer of images to the PACS system.
4) Responsible to manage and coordinate patient flows within the department which may include transporting patients in/out of the department.
5) Responsible for observing strict MRI safety standards using ACR zoning guidelines for MRI. E.g. ensuring the safety of patients, family members, staff and visitors and maintaining an environment that is free of hazards.
6) Must have the ability to use proper body mechanics which includes but are not limited to lifting patients, sliding patients on the back board, transferring patient to/from wheelchair, etc.
7) Responsible for accurately inputting data, demographics and information into computer information systems, e.g., RIS, Synapse, Radnet.
8) Working under the supervision of a certified MRI tech, is learning scanning techniques to work independently.
9) Supervised by a certified MRI tech, is screening patients for MRI Safety.
Required Work Experience:
1) Graduate of approved MRI program or ARRT R registered.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Graduate of approved MRI program or ARRT R registered.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required)
Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Radiologic Technician – American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.