Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, is looking for a MRI Technologist to join the Noble Hospital team!
IDEAL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE:
American Registry of MRI Technology – American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists Certification
As an alternative, applicants can have the Radiologic Technician – American Society of Radiologic Technologists certification and be a practicing MRI Technologist.
Abundance of training
Career development, CEU allowance and Loan reimbursement
Comprehensive benefits package with low cost medical/dental
Robust paid time off
Baystate takes the safety of employees and patients very seriously and is adhering to all PPE and safety guidelines for Covid-19.
Baystate offers a supportive work environment, which allows the care team to provide optimal patient care
Baystate Noble Hospital (Baystate Noble) is a 85-bed acute care community hospital helping people in the Greater Westfield community and offers direct access to world-class technology, diagnostics, and specialists.
More than 300 On-staff physicians
More than 450 total employees
2,600 yearly inpatient admissions
More than 28,000 yearly Emergency Department visits
The teams at Noble hospital passionately work to ensure that the Westfield communities have access to exceptional healthcare, close to home. The skilled and compassionate nurses and medical support staff offer an ideal combination of “high tech” and “high touch,” complementing an outstanding team of doctors. The newly-renovated Fowler Unit provides behavioral health services such as suicide screening and assessments.
Under the supervision of the Radiologist and according to established policies and procedures, operates MRI equipment as required, to obtain diagnostic images according to Radiologist specifications; will assist the Radiologist in protocols/procedures. Responsible for the care and treatment of all ranges of patients, which may use Imaging and Diagnostic Services.
1) Properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies to National Patient Safety Goals standards, ARRT Code of Ethics Standards and embodies the Cultural Compass. Performs procedures as outlined in this job description, including but not limited to routine, specialized, emergency and urgent MRI procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for providing accurate, high quality exams.
2) Maintains knowledge of procedures/protocols and applies knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and is able to identify pathology, within scope of practice to obtain necessary diagnostic information. Responsible for independent and proficient operation of all assigned MRI equipment in the section, e.g. MR scanner, coils, positioning devices, MR physics and scanner parameter to provide the best image outcomes in a proficient and time sensitive manner.
3) Recognizes examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the radiologist, e.g. Critical Test Results and verifies timely transfer of images to the PACS system.
4) Responsible to manage and coordinate patient flows within the department which may include transporting patients in/out of the department.
5) Responsible for observing strict MRI safety standards using ACR zoning guidelines for MRI. E.g. ensuring the safety of patients, family members, staff and visitors and maintaining an environment that is free of hazards.
6) Must have the ability to use proper body mechanics which includes but are not limited to lifting patients, sliding patients on the back board, transferring patient to/from wheelchair, etc.
7) Responsible for accurately inputting data, demographics and information into computer information systems, e.g., RIS, Synapse, Radnet.
Required Work Experience:
1) Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic technology program in an AMA approved school preferred. Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities. One year experience on a GE/Siemens 1.5T and 3T scanner.
2) Previous experience with MRI.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required)
American Registry of MRI Tech – American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists, Heart Saver CPR – Other, Radiologic Technician – American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.