Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Sign On bonus of up to $8000 for MRI Techs!
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider is looking for a Part Time MRI Technologist to join the Baystate Noble team!
Baystate Noble- Westfield, MA
Second shift, 24 hours
New hires with over 1 year of experience will earn up to 6,000 in bonuses, paid throughout their first year
X-Ray to CT certifications available
Career development, CEU allowance and Loan reimbursement
Comprehensive benefits package with low cost medical/dental
Robust paid time off
Baystate takes the safety of employees and patients very seriously and is adhering to all PPE and safety guidelines for Covid-19.
1) Properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies to National Patient Safety Goals standards, ARRT Code of Ethics Standards and embodies the Cultural Compass. Performs procedures as outlined in this job description, including but not limited to routine, specialized, emergency and urgent MRI procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for providing accurate, high quality exams.
2) Maintains knowledge of procedures/protocols and applies knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and is able to identify pathology, within scope of practice to obtain necessary diagnostic information. Responsible for independent and proficient operation of all assigned MRI equipment in the section, e.g. MR scanner, coils, positioning devices, MR physics and scanner parameter to provide the best image outcomes in a proficient and time sensitive manner.
3) Recognizes examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the radiologist, e.g. Critical Test Results and verifies timely transfer of images to the PACS system.
4) Responsible to manage and coordinate patient flows within the department which may include transporting patients in/out of the department.
5) Responsible for observing strict MRI safety standards using ACR zoning guidelines for MRI. E.g. ensuring the safety of patients, family members, staff and visitors and maintaining an environment that is free of hazards.
6) Must have the ability to use proper body mechanics which includes but are not limited to lifting patients, sliding patients on the back board, transferring patient to/from wheelchair, etc.
7) Responsible for accurately inputting data, demographics and information into computer information systems, e.g., RIS, Synapse, Radnet.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required)
(DNU) Heart Saver CPR – Other, American Registry of MRI Tech – American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists, Radiologic Technician – American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.