Mental Health Counselor - Baystate Health
Category(s): Behavioral Health, Mental Health Counselor
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
**SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE**
We are looking for a Mental Health Counselor to join our Baystate Franklin Mental Health team!
Up to $4,000 sign on bonuses! (external applicants)
Resume required with application
- 32 hours, Second Shift
- Greenfield, MA
- Associate’s Degree in Psychology or related field required, Master’s Degree in Psych preferred
- Relevant experience preferred
- CPR required
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Performs a variety of duties involving patient care and treatment, under the supervision of an RN. Acts within the framework of the Patient Care Division's philosophy, standards of nursing practice, standards of nursing care and definitions of nursing. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Provides age-appropriate care to patients. Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for all age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
2) Participates in specific patient care procedures under the direction of the RN. Independently communicates patient information and observations including behaviors promptly to the RN. Collaborates with the RN regarding patient progress and/or the identification and resolution of problems. Organizes patient care activities as required by patient or unit activity. Participates in initial substance use and behavioral health screening and subsequent formulation of behavior treatment plans. Independently and/or collaboratively able to screen for mental health and substance issues, and formulate and implement behavior treatment plans. Reviews plan with staff and patient – documents need for implementation in record. Provides a compassionate, safe milieu for behavioral health patients. Engages in milieu management and brief behavioral health intervention, such as empathetic listening, as needed. Documentation is complete, legible and accurate.
3) Participates in unit and educational programs. Attends and participates in unit staff meetings on a regular basis. Attends educational programs.
4) Although primary responsibility will be the role of Mental health Counselor, at times will be asked to perform other duties related to patient care.
5) Reports to the Clinical Manager but daily activities are coordinated by the CNL. Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility and monitoring.
6) Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team.
7) Assists team members with clinical activities. Provides feedback related to the team process. Assists team members with non-clinical activities.
8) Demonstrates and models principals of service excellence in support of the patient experience and SPIRIT program.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Provide relevant experience preferred but will train the right candidate
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Social Work: Psychology (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.