Social Worker - Baystate Health
Category(s): Behavioral Health, Social Worker
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
**SIGN ON BONUS**
We are looking for a Mental Health Clinician to join our Baystate Franklin team!
Up to $6,000 sign on bonuses! (external applicants)
Resume required with application
- 40hours, day shift
- Greenfield, MA
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a healthcare or social services setting. Equivalent experience in a Master's level internship setting may be considered.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
Under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, Program Manager, and/or Supervisor, the Behavioral Health Clinician II (BHC-II) in the Partial Hospital Program is responsible for performing a wide range of duties involving patient evaluation, case management, treatment, discharge planning, and documentation. The BHC-II is responsible for gathering a psychosocial evaluation through interviews and record reviews and completing an assessment with case formulation and treatment plan. The BHC-II facilitates psychoeducational and psychotherapeutic groups as assigned and psychotherapeutic family and systems meetings. Position includes close collaboration with the treatment team, which may include a Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse, Supervisor, Behavioral Health Clinicians, Psychiatric Nurse and/or Mental Health Counselors. The BHC-II must have excellent written, keyboarding, and verbal communication skills. Represents and supports Baystate Health’s mission to provide quality, compassionate care to members of our community while operating in collaboration with other clinical departments, emphasizing the important interaction between behavioral health, general health and wellness. Contributes to Baystate Health’s four compass points of Safety, Quality, Experience, and Value, and demonstrates the BH values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Teamwork and Innovation in all interactions with patients, families, colleagues and collateral contacts
Adheres to system and department compliance policies, as well as any and all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Completes a psychosocial evaluation including current and past history, assessment of mental status and risk assessment through patient interviews, collateral contacts, and record review.
2) Identifies the reason(s) for admissions and in collaboration with the patient develops treatment goals and weekly updates.
3) Facilitates/co-facilitates psychoeducational and psychotherapeutic groups to address treatment objectives.
4) Actively participates in the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team Meetings in order to coordinate the highest quality of care to patients.
5) Completes timely documentation of all clinical services in accordance with departmental policies.
6) Assists the Supervisor in the intake process to ensure appropriate admissions as assigned. This may include collaboration with Central Intake or PHP intake staff, obtaining necessary insurance authorizations and conducting timely concurrent insurance reviews.
7) Develops specialized clinical expertise as required and identifies appropriate goals that enhance professional development and institutional needs. Maintains independent licensure, including earning of required CEU’s, and adheres to all other practices and policies as outlined by Baystate Health, hospital-specific and department-specific policy manuals and employee handbooks. Contributes to the perspective of her/his professional discipline to the interdisciplinary care team and adheres to the profession’s Code of Ethics.
8) Actively participates in departmental and program meetings, such as conferences, administrative meetings, program development, and other special committees.
9) May provide clinical supervision to master’s program interns. May act as a preceptor to master's level Behavioral Health Clinician I accruing supervised clinical hours necessary to qualify to sit for the independent licensure exam.
10) This description covers the essential functions of the position. The incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
11) Management has the right to add or change to job responsibilities at any time.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a healthcare or social services setting. Equivalent experience in a Master's level internship setting may be considered.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Five or more years of clinical experience in a healthcare or social services setting
Skills and Competencies:
1) Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned area. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to facilitate individual and family psychotherapy. Demonstrate the ability to provide care in a highly collaborative team setting.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Allison LeDuc, Senior Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Science (Required)
“Independent clinical license: 1) LICSW (Lic. Independent Clin. Social Worker; MSWs must have current LCSW; 2) LMHC (Lic. Mental Health Counselor); or 3) LMFT (Lic. Marriage & Fam Therapist) (required) – “Independent clinical license: 1) LICSW (Lic. Independent Clin. Social Worker; MSWs must have current LCSW; 2) LMHC (Lic. Mental Health Counselor); or 3) LMFT (Lic. Marriage & Fam Therapist) (required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.