Laboratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Laboratory
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
***SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
We are looking for a Medical Lab Scientist or Technician to join our Laboratory team at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, MA!
Medical Lab Scientist – $4,200 Sign-On Bonus! (Only external applicants qualify for sign-on bonus)
Medical Lab Technician – $1,800 Sign-On Bonus! (Minimum 6 months clinical experience) (Only external applicants qualify for sign-on bonus)
Resume Required with Application
- 24 hours per week
- Second shift (2P-1030A)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotation
Experience/Education Requirements by Position:
Medical Lab Scientist I
- Associates Degree in Medical Lab Science required.
- Previous experience working in Medical Lab Science or BA/BS in Medical Lab Science
- Certified Medical Lab Technician – American Society for Clinical Pathology
Medical Lab Technician II
- Associates Degree in Medical Lab Science required.
- At least 3 years of laboratory experience required.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Possesses and utilizes significant technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as instrumentation. Performs a wide variety of assays/procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise. Works independently and assesses test results for validity prior to reporting. Performs method evaluations, advanced projects, writes/updates procedures, may take paid call, assist in CAP inspection preparation, may order supplies/maintain inventory, specialized training, performs specialized/highly complex testing. When teaching or training able to include a higher level of theory. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results.
2) Carries out analytical procedures utilizing manual or automated methods, following written protocols. Verifies validity of results prior to reporting by observing established quality control criteria prior to reporting. Produces results that meet established departmental standards for accuracy and precision with minimal repetition or problems. Incumbent demonstrates significant documented skill and experience and is a resource to other staff in at least one section of the laboratory service.
3) Performs assays and reports results within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Incumbent demonstrates high level technical, interpretive and evaluation skills. Serves as a resource to identify or solve problems. Communicates with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic trouble shooting of instrumentation, referring issues to supervisor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) Participation in special projects or studies with minimal supervision. Orients and trains new employees and teaches students incorporating theory and clinical significance.
7) Assists in maintenance and updating procedures through independent research to ensure current and appropriate methods.
8) As assigned support CAP inspection preparation by participating in checklist review, interpretation of standards, implementing corrective action, and proficiency testing program.
9) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
10) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic to Intermediate laboratory skills acquired through experience or clinical training
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required), Bachelor of Science
Medical Technologist – American Society for Clinical Pathology
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.