Laboratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Laboratory
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider is looking for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to join the Baystate Noble team!
Shifts: Per Diem Positions. Shifts are available during day and night hours.
Associate Degree in Science
Medical Lab Technologist Certification-American Society for Clinical Pathology
Competitive rates and great differentials for night shifts!
Paid Time Off
Training and room for advancement
NOBLE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL:
This unique hospital is an 85-bed acute care community hospital helping people in the Greater Westfield community and offers direct access to world-class technology, diagnostics, and specialists. The teams at Noble hospital passionately work to ensure that the Westfield communities have access to exceptional healthcare, close to home.
The Medical Lab Scientist possesses and utilizes significant technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as instrumentation and perform a wide variety of assays/procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise.
Some responsibilities Include:
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results
2) Carries out analytical procedures utilizing manual or automated methods, following written protocols. Verifies validity of results prior to reporting by observing established quality control criteria prior to reporting.
3) Performs assays and reports results within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Serves as a resource to identify or solve problems. Communicates with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic trouble shooting of instrumentation, referring issues to supervisor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required), Bachelor of Science
Medical Technologist – American Society for Clinical Pathology
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.