Laboratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Laboratory
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
***SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
We are looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our Baystate Franklin team!
Up to $4,800 in sign-on bonuses! (external applicants only)
Resume required with application
- Full-Time, 40hrs/week, Second Shift
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays
- Greenfield, MA
Medical Lab Scientist I
- Associate’s Degree Medical Lab Science required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- AS with MT Certification must have met prior NCA Requirements.
- BA/BS formal training or experience- ready to obtain certification
- MT or CLS or MLS or Categorical (ASCP, AMT, AAB or HEW) required
Medical Lab Tech I
- Associate's Degree in medical lab science
- MLT applicant must be certification eligible and achieve certification within 12 months of hire in order to maintain employment.
- B.A./B.S. applicants would be considered and are required to achieve certification within 1 year of eligibility as per certification agency requirements.
Medical Lab Tech II
- Associate's degree in laboratory science
- Min 3 years lab experience in a lab setting
- MLT (ASCP) or equivalent A.S. MLT: Required to maintain employment . Other laboratory certifications will be considered.
Medical Lab Tech III
- Associate's Degree in laboratory science
- Eligible to sit for the MT certification exam
- MLT 3-5 years, MLT (ASCP) or equivalent. Incumbent must be certification eligible and achieve certification within 12 months of hire in order to maintain employment
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Possesses and utilizes technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as testing methodology. Performs a wide variety of assays/procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise. Works independently and assesses test results for validity prior to reporting. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results
2) Assists in the development QA indicators and collection of pertinent data.
3) Reports results within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Incumbent possess sufficient theoretical knowledge to understand tests, and basic clinical significance of results. Identify and participate in solving problems. Communicates with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic trouble shooting of testing requests, referring issues to supervisor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) As assigned, assists in projects or studies. Assists in orientation and training of staff.
7) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
8) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior.
9) Reviews pending log daily and follows up on missing specimens and missing results.
10) Develops and proofreads departmental procedures and protocols for accuracy.
11) Reviews billing reports to ensure all testing has been billed. Performs manual billing in SMS as needed. Assists in the annual review of CPT codes and reference lab pricing.
Required Work Experience:
1) At least 3 years laboratory experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Laboratory skills acquired during clinical rotations and/or through experience
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
Medical Laboratory Technician – American Society for Clinical Pathology
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.