Laboratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Laboratory
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Possesses and utilizes basic technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as instrumentation. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.
Individual is expected to achieve certification within one year of eligibility to maintain employment in current position.
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results
2) Carries out analytical procedures utilizing manual or automated methods, following written protocols. Under the supervision of a CLT ll or higher level, verifies validity of results prior to reporting by observing established quality control criteria prior to reporting. Produces results that meet established departmental standards for accuracy and precision with minimal repetition or problems.
3) Under the supervision of a CLT ll or higher level, performs assays and reports results within established Turnaround Times. Learning to prioritize work and maintain acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Learning to perform basic trouble shooting of instrumentation, referring issues to mentor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
7) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) BA BS : In process of formal orientation to specific job requirements within department
2) AS MLT: Possesses basic level of technical ability and knowledge
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
Medical Laboratory Technician – American Society for Clinical Pathology
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.