Medical Physicists - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Medical Physicists
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are presently seeking a Full Time Medical Dosimetrist for our regional cancer program at Baystate Health
Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system serving over 800,000 people throughout western New England. Baystate Health is the largest healthcare organization in western Massachusetts. The care we provide plays an essential role in health of the people in our communities. Our impact is felt from the patient bedside to the classroom to the workplace and beyond.
With a workforce of nearly 12,000 team members, Baystate Health is one of western Massachusetts’ strongest economic engines. With more than 980 beds on average across our five hospitals, we are working to make healthcare accessible to people in our region.
BAYSTATE REGIONAL CANCER PROGRAM
When the Baystate Regional Cancer Program’s D’Amour Center for Cancer Care opened in 2004, it was one of the first cancer programs to build a free-standing facility and develop processes totally focused around patients and their needs. As a service of Baystate Medical Center, a team of over 100 people, including cancer survivors, community cancer support activists, doctors and clinical staff, administrators, and community members, put their hearts and souls into designing the optimal patient experience.
You deserve the best cancer care. We provide the advanced diagnosis, treatment, and care you need – near home. At the Baystate Regional Cancer Program, you have access to:
- A multidisciplinary team of the region’s most extensive and accomplished cancer specialists
- The highest caliber treatments including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery, backed by experience and research
- Personalized, compassionate care that is focused on your unique journey and responsive to your individual needs
- Expert care and state-of-the-art treatments for children at Baystate Children's Hospital
- State-of-the-art breast cancer screening and diagnostic technology
The medical dosimetrist receives patient treatment prescription by the radiation oncologist and follows the physical requirements specified by the medical physicists for planning, calculating, calibrating, designing and executing the patient's prescription and supports the simulation and treatment delivery procedures implemented by the radiation therapists. The medical dosimetrist has a major responsibility for the accurate documentation and communication of all phases of the treatment process for the entire team and the patient's chart.
- Participate all treatment planning processes with physicians and Physicists; 2D; 3DCRT; IMRT; HDR; Focal Sim; VMAT
- Perform dose calculation using computer system;
- Manual dose calculation; MU correction calculation; gap calculation;
- Perform dose measurement with OSLD; diode dosimetry; HDR source activity verification; HDR Morning QA
- Clinical support
- Participate in patient setup and SSD measurement as requested; supervise the placement of diode dosimeter;
- Documentation of charts
- Prepare patient chart and conduct initial review; transfer patient information and IMRT QA information to Mosaiq R&V
- Conduct staff education
- Support and perform fabrication of treatment devices with medical physicist
- Participate development and implementation of new techniques
- 1-2 years’ experience preferred
- CMD preferred; consideration will be given for eligibility;
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Certified Medical Dosimetrist – Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.