Unit Clerical Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Unit Clerical Support
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Performs general secretarial duties requiring computer use, including general correspondence, memos, etc. Prioritizes workload. Review assignments with the nurse manager as necessary. Performs related office duties such as filing, posting information to records, and answering phones. In addition, the incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Enthusiastic about learning new skills and is willing to take the initiative on tasks. The incumbent will perform various technical tasks, including OR, SDC/PACU room turnover, and bedside functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care, hygiene, skin care, mobility (including pushing wheelchairs and stretchers and patient ambulation), and monitoring. Multiskilled to needs of the unit in performing duties relative to EKGs, Bladder Scans, vital signs, etc. They are expected to manage equipment and perform or assist in procedures on the unit, including patient transport to the unit and stocking supplies.
1) Answer phones and triage calls appropriately. Telephone triage, filing, and copying. Provide information and answer routine inquiries per established unit guidelines. Answers all telephone calls within the time frames set by Department standards and/or Policy. Accurately receives and communicates all verbal and telephone messages professionally, as evidenced by no complaints throughout the year. Triage phone calls to the appropriate nurse/provider. Maintains, duplicates, and distributes logs, records, reports, files, and statistics as required and observed by supervisor and charge person. Requests charts and prints face sheets from other areas as medical/nursing staff directed, which can involve using CIS and SMS. Can locate patients in CIS/SurgiNet with 100% accuracy. Works with Nurse Manager or Charge RN to prepare add-on charts and room assignments.
2) Applies English & Grammar skill with required medical terminology in verbal and written communication preparation of correspondence, memos, documents and reports
3) Assist PeriAnesthesia nurse manager with reports, projects, and office organization and procedures
4) Takes the initiative in completing tasks and makes sound judgments
5) Assists OR and SDC/PACU teams with room turnover and transporting of the patient to and from these areas.
6) Works independently, is a team player, can multitask with ease, and be flexible
7) Manages multiple tasks and sets priorities to complete them on time. Advises others of status and changes to projected timelines
8) Assist PAE process by working with registration when applicable for add-ons and charts needing to be fixed by preparing patient charts for review using SurgiNet and SMS
9) Assist registered nurses with bedside tasks and direct patient care.
10) Maintain weekly eye wash stations and logs
11) Restocks anesthesia carts daily when the unit is open
12) Collects end-of-month logs for code carts, eye wash stations, fluid and blanket warmers, and refrigerators and delivers to the Nurse Manage
13) Strives to coordinate/achieve maximum productivity. Assist other employees with department duties and projects. Covers portions of other team members' responsibilities while they are out of work. Strives to adjust personal schedule (flexing hours, staying late) in cases of real departmental needs.
14) Pick-up mail daily
15) Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and notifies manager to order
Minimal Require Experience:
CNA or equivalent experience, Hospital Experience
Well-developed Excellent communication and organizational skills. Functions in a busy work environment and can multitask. Creative. Proficient with reading and writing in English. PC, and computer skills Self-directed, a team player, and flexible.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.