Equipment and Material Aids - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Equipment and Material Aids
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are looking for a Materials Processor to join our Warehouse team at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, MA!
Resume Required with Application
- Full Time, 40 hours a week
- First shift – Variable start time between 630AM and 7AM
- Saturday rotation – every third Saturday (additional pay when scheduled on Saturday)
Candidate must have a valid and current driver's license.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Entry Level – Baystate Health (BH) Materials Processor – Warehouse Services: Detail-oriented team member performs a wide variety of warehousing activities, including selecting/picking, verifying product integrity, and ensuring the accuracy of incoming and outgoing material orders within the Materials Management Information System (MMIS).
The Materials Processor is responsible for selecting orders based on the highest priority or established delivery schedules, picking & packing bulk supplies, and low-unit-of-measure stock orders for all entities and cost centers within Baystate Health.
In addition, the incumbent is responsible for shelving received stock, verifying the accuracy of items received, and placing stock within the appropriate warehouse location, ensuring product integrity and appropriate product rotation. The Materials Processor utilizes and ensures the safe operation and maintenance of power equipment, including hydraulic lifts, forklifts, and electric pallet jacks.
The Materials Processor is expected to have a base understanding of the MMIS and to work closely with the Warehouse team to ensure appropriate productivity and product flow in support of the BH enterprise. Specifically interfaces with Receiving staff and Warehouse management on product substitution and replacement product changes and Warehouse Drivers for all STAT or urgent completed order deliveries.
This role is also responsible for maintaining individual productivity levels while ensuring quality control for all outgoing orders and conducting periodic inventories utilizing the MMIS and handheld technologies.
1) Develops and maintains a basic to intermediate understanding of the MMIS modules, including Mobile Supply Chain (MSCM), Requisition Center (RQC, Receiving, and Delivery (RAD), as well as other modules and functions within the scope of responsibility and job requirements. Comfortable navigation of 'Item Inquiry, Transaction History, Shipping Feedback, and Item Inquiry by Manufacturer.'
2) Prioritizes and accepts standard stock orders for picking to support established delivery schedules. Validates and processes STAT material supply orders within established critical time constraints.
3) Selects all orders, routines, and STAT following the Row – Rack – Bin location system established for the warehouse in the MMIS.
4) While performing stock order selection, verifies product expiration date, inspects packaging to ensure sterility and integrity, handles inventory safely to ensure product integrity and cleanliness, and follows event-related sterility guidelines.
5) Validates inventory stock identifying all facets of material characteristics, including quantities, locations, manufacturer number, packaging, unit-of-measure, unit-of-issue, product size, and/or other product specifications utilizing the MMIS.
6) Completes the order cycle (performs 'shipping feedback') within MMIS, recording the date and time completed and the order selector's identification code for productivity statistics and other tracking purposes.
7) Stages 'STAT' orders for warehouse Driver prioritized delivery. Stages routine orders according to standard placement for driver delivery.
8) Collaborates with warehouse Team Leader to identify and address unresolved discrepancies via the MMIS.
9) Replenishes and rotates 'received' incoming stock to appropriate warehouse bin locations. Breaks-down bulk stock received on pallets, cartons, case lots, etc., into low-unit-of-measure quantities for shelving.
10) Validates expiration dates while performing reshelving of incoming stock. Notifies warehouse management of short-dated or potentially slow-moving expired product.
11) Handles expired products by removing them from stock and ensuring proper disposal based on department guidelines and direction from Team Lead/Supervisor.
12) Maintains accuracy level (monitored by management) within parameters for Material Processor I.
13) Complies with rules and regulations regarding storage, handling, and accounting for routine and controlled products when maintaining stock and cycle counts in restricted warehouse locations.
14) Manages all product substitutes while fulfilling orders according to established department guidelines. Refer questions regarding products to co-workers/supervision.
15) Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition in accordance with facility and departmental policies and guidelines.
16) Demonstrates a commitment to Organizational Service Standards and Operating Principles. Trust, Respect, Integrity, Communication, and Collaboration
Required Work Experience:
Must have a minimum of 1 year of Supply Chain or equivalent related experience. Basic familiarity with computer systems is required.
Preferred Work Experience:
2 years plus strong Warehouse/Logistics background preferred. Handheld inventory technology experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact courteously and effectively with internal BH customers, vendor delivery persons, and coworkers required and performed various activities according to priority and ever-changing day-to-day situations. Basic computer familiarity and excellent math skills are required. Must possess the ability to make sound judgments and solve problems within the scope of responsibility. Must demonstrate self-initiative and team approach in completing tasks and the ability to work towards defined individual and mutual departmental objectives with minimal supervision.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.