IT Project Management - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Project Management
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Manager IT PMO
The role of leaders at Baystate Health is, first and foremost to, work “Together to Deliver a Higher State of Caring” for our diverse patients, community and staff.
Baystate Leaders are expected to act as dynamic stewards of the organization and to engage people in meaningful work that calls on each person to contribute what they do best in order to ensure organizational success. It is especially important that our leaders act in a way that demonstrates compassion, inclusiveness and raising the standard of excellence.
Baystate Health is committed to the development and growth of its leaders and expects that its leaders, in turn, are committed to their own development and growth as well as that of all employees. Baystate Leaders continuously develop the competencies that better enable them to envision purpose, engage people and execute productively, thus allowing us to fulfill our mission and achieve our vision of transforming Healthcare.
Envisioning Strategy: Communicate a compelling vision of the organization’s future and effectively translate that into Divisional/Departmental and Individual goals.
Engaging People: Recruit, develop and position people utilizing their strengths. Create and promote an inclusive environment in which people are actively engaged, included and inspired to do their best to continuously improve individual and organizational effectiveness.
Executing to Achieve Results: Implement complex plans to achieve results through others with creative and sustainable solutions.
One to three paragraphs describing job function. In addition to job qualifications this will be used for posting. This section should include tie to line of sight and employee engagement – how this job relates to our vision and mission. (Do not use bulleted text.)
The Manager of the IT PMO is responsible for managing and continuing to refine the foundational framework of the PMO based on best practices. They will lead in communicating IT project/program management practices, additional governance standards, program and project processes, and key program management metrics. The Manager will ensure projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner; will incorporates effective change and risk management controls; and will partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders/partners to define opportunities, to identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance). The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring all projects within IT portfolios/programs are delivered on time, within budget and to an agreed quality level. The incumbent must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in project/program management, portfolio management methodologies and tools. This Manager will have multiple project managers, including contract project managers as direct reports.
Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any and all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Expansion of the summary description. Specific job related responsibilities that will be used to measure performance. Please check which job responsibilities are “Essential Functions” as defined by the Americans With Disability Act. View ADA Requirements
1) Oversee an enterprise-level Program Management Office (PMO) for IT that includes the development of the people, the design process, and the creation of tools for managing the PMO and supporting our Partners.
2) Manage an Intake/Demand Management Process that enables the IT Division to understand its capacity to project ratio at a granularity that can enable capacity shifting for agility and continue to refine the process with Best Practices.
3) Track standard key performance metrics of Project and Programs that will monitor the health of project and programs.
4) Lead and participate in the recruitment process and onboarding of top talent for new and incremental Project Manager needs.
5) Communicate and educate the IT and other enterprise staff on the PMO processes, policies, and tools.
6) Support the IT operational mechanisms as led by the Director of IT PMO and SVP and Chief Information & Digital Officer. This shall include the development of IT operations report-outs to IT leadership and Baystate Health executive leadership as required. These report-outs will involve the development of program reviews, IT operating reviews, and reports/analytics on the health of IT operations.
7) Ensure that the IT projects and programs will be completed on time, on budget, and within scope. If one or more of these criteria are not met, it is the Manager's responsibility to have warned of such risk and sought a mitigation for that risk in a timely manner.
8) Participate in the development and maintenance of IT's program/portfolio roadmaps, helping to facilitate the development of a sequence and schedule that enables the successful completion of programs and projects.
9) Be a partner to our enterprise colleagues and help facilitate the transparency of all divisions across the enterprise such that project/program/initiative collisions that can be identified and discussed in a professional and productive manner that will benefit the organization overall.
10) Administrator of the PPM tool as a Subject Matter Expert to train, educate, and maintain the data for IT and partners
Unless otherwise required by certification, licensure, or registration, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the minimally required education and/or experience listed in the Qualifications section below.
Minimally Required Education: If none required select “none required”.
Minimally Required Experience: If none required select “none required”.
Ten to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least three years of leadership experience and five years managing projects and/or project portfolios.
ITIL experience. Has experience in managing a PMO (inclusive of resource management, portfolio management, project and program management
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.