Quality & Improvement Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Quality & Improvement Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Clinical Manager of Heart & Vascular Quality & Outcomes
Responsible for clinical quality & outcomes to Heart & Vascular Service Line
Work with nursing and clinical departments within the service line to develop, design and monitor systems to improve clinical care, crafting unit specific report cards. Partner with DHQ, risk management, guest relations and clinical teams to coordinate clinical concerns and lead teams in resolution of issues. Responsible for designing/ collecting and submitting data to external regulatory and societal agencies based on time sensitive deadlines. Responsible for developing report cards that correlate quality and cost by case. Responsible for overseeing current/future research and partners with physicians/IRB to submit proposals that meet regulatory requirements and grow academic aspect of service line. Participate on Model of Care teams and assist in designing population specific clinical care models across the region. Will work to quantify and measure performance success. Will be the identified contact for JCAHO, DPH and other regulatory agencies for the service line working with the managers to ensure all issues are identified and resolved. Responsible for leading initiatives around population specific accreditation. (e.g. VAD, TVAR) .
Manages clinical Heart & Vascular Nurse Coordinators, Quality Outcomes and RN H & V Research Nursing .
- Structures and manages department personnel, ensuring timely and accurate collection of clinical outcome data, exceptional staff performance and teamwork. Ensures thorough and accurate submission of data to regulatory agencies, National and State databases for comparative reporting.
- Takes leadership role in working with managers, physicians and clinicians to design and implement projects and programs to correct population specific quality deficiencies. Develops and delivers formal presentations to department and service line and hospital leaders regarding population based clinical outcomes and outlining action plans for improvement.
- Creates service line dashboards and works in partnership with DHQ to develop annual outcomes report that is distributed to key regional markets. Partners with Dept of Health Care Quality, IT and department and/or service line model of care teams to ensure implementation of evidenced based standards, population based order sets and outcomes tracking and reporting of new programs
- Works with departmental/nursing managers to develop specific quality dashboards and action plans. Represents departments and service line in taking the lead to ensure JCAHO compliance in all departments.
- Partners with physicians, clinicians, residents and fellows in data collection and presentation for publication and research
- Bachelors Degree required, masters preferred
- 5 years experience clinical nursing with a minimum of 2 years experience in health care data coordination, health care organization activities and interaction with physicians and staff in administrative capacity
- Successful experience in independent project management
- Experience with data and outcomes analysis preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Must have excellent understanding of the principles surrounding performance improvement, lean theory, quality of care, outcomes measurement and analysis and health care cost measurement and containment
Strong computer skills: with microcomputer software for desktop database, internet database and graphics (MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing (Required), Master of Arts
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.