Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Openings at Baystate Health in Greenfield, Massachusetts
- Per Diem
- American Heart Association BLS CPR
ABOUT BAYSTATE HEALTH
Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system serving over 800,000 people throughout western New England.
WHO WE ARE
With roots dating to the founding of Springfield Hospital in 1883, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate healthcare in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years.
Our facilities and services include:
- Baystate Medical Center: a teaching hospital, and the region’s only level 1 trauma center
- Baystate Children’s Hospital: the region’s only accredited, full-service children’s hospital
- Three community hospitals
- A network of more than 80 medical practices
- Health New England, a health insurance provider
- Home care and hospice services
- Comprehensive regional laboratory and diagnostic services
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Jim Pugliese, Healthcare Recruiter
Works under the supervision of a licensed certified mammography technologist and a Radiologist.
Incumbent is required to adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations. Job specifications and related duties are subject to change based on departmental requirements and medical advancements in treatment modalities. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
Under the supervision of the Radiologist and according to established policies and procedures, operates mammography equipment as required, to obtain mammography films according to Radiologist specifications. Technologist will assist the Radiologist in a wide range of sterile procedures. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients, which may use mammography services, to include adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Perform imaging studies as described for a clinical mammography technologist. Assist with clerical functions and basic nursing skills as needed. Maintains a positive customer service attitude, adheres to the Baystate Operating Principles and functions as a team player.
1) Ensures proper identification of all patients according to established policy and procedure. Reviews authorization/order form for patient history and exam to be performed. Validates ordered exam(s) with ordering physician and/ or radiologist if questionable exam is ordered in comparison to historical exam(s) and/or patient history. Communicates clearly explaining the nature of procedure in laymen's terms.
2) Understands and operates the Radiology, Mammography information system as it applies to job functions. Maintains knowledge of operators manual and manufacture’s recommendations for safe operation of mammography, stereotactic and ultrasound unit, film processing equipment and CAD. Practices radiation safety according to policy and procedure.
3) Performs functions as a clinical mammography technologist, including positioning, compression, exposure, film labeling, film processing and computer assisted detection. Images specimen(s) as required post procedure. Reviews diagnostic images with radiologist to ensure exam is complete. Prepares films for final interpretation in radiology reading room, as needed.
4) Acts as a liaison with hospital personnel to ensure, timely coordinated services. Responsible for maintaining patient confidentiality.
5) Interventional Procedures:
Assists radiologist in a wide range of sterile procedures including Stereotactic Breast biopsy, Ultrasound, Ultrasound Core biopsy, Needle Localization wire, Ductogram, Cyst aspiration, Fine Needle aspiration. Responsible for paperwork including documentation of specimen(s) for pathology review. Technologist will ensure transport of specimen(s) to courier pick up and/or pathology department. Reviews instructions for discharge and follow up with patient, if applicable.
6) Quality Control:
Responsible for quality control of mammography units, ultrasound, biopsy equipment, film processing and cad according to MQSA as supported by the FDA.
7) Participates in department quality assurance activities.
8) Assists in maintaining stock room inventory.
Required Work Experience:
1) Graduate of an approved radiography program. ARRT R
2) Graduate of an accredited Radiological Sciences Program or equivalent.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 1 year in radiography
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must complete 200 mammograms with in 6 months under supervision.
2) Must obtain 15 dedicated digital mammography credits.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Radiological Science (Required)
(DNU) Heart Saver CPR – Other, American Registry of Rad Tech – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist, Mammography – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.