License Practical Nurse - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, License Practical Nurse
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the Cardiac Surgical Unit! SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE!
SIGN-ON BONUS: $5,000!
The Heart and Vascular unit is a 34 bed acute care cardiovascular telemetry unit. The unit specializes in and provides a full array of services for post-operative cardiac surgery patients, TAVR, and vascular surgery patients as well as cardiac post procedural patients.
- Baystate’s Regional Heart Attack Program is known nationally for delivering life-saving care. During a heart attack, every minute counts. We can unblock your artery up to 25 minutes sooner than the national standard. In fact, Baystate is in the top 10% of hospitals nationwide when it comes to this life-saving treatment, called an angioplasty.
- Baystate Medical Center is the only hospital in our area that can stop a heart attack instantly by unblocking an artery. And we can do this procedure 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Baystate Medical Center’s experts perform more than 80% of all cardiac surgeries in western Massachusetts. When it comes to heart surgery, we are one of the top three highest-volume medical centers in Massachusetts.
- Hours: Full Time
- Licensed as a LPN in the state of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification
- Minimum 1 year of LPN experience
MAGNET RECOGNITION & SHARED GOVERNANCE. Baystate Medical Center has achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a distinction that places the hospital’s nursing staff among the finest in the nation. Shared decision making between the bedside nurses and nurse leaders, which includes areas such as resources, nursing research/evidence-based practice projects, new equipment purchases, and staffing is what makes us stand out from our competition.
SAFETY & SUPPORT. PPE coaches and educators on site to help you throughout the day or night. Baystate Health is committed to your safety and education. We provide with the appropriate resources you need to care for yourself and your patients.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Baystate health is accredited to provide continuing education programs for all our nurses. Learning and mentoring is at the core of our professional practice model. Baystate sponsors nurses obtaining certification and supports nurse empowerment through attendance at national conferences, loan reimbursement and loan forgiveness.
ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off. Please check with your recruiter for sign on bonus eligibility.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Consultant II
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Certificate: Nursing, GED or HiSET (Required)
Licensed Practical Nurse – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.