Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Manager for the Plumbing Shop, perform a variety of duties involving layout, installation, alteration, inspection, test and repair of plumbing systems and related equipment throughout Baystate Medical Center.
1) Work from Work Orders, specifications, drawings, prints and instructions. Install, repair and/or modify new and existing systems and related equipment. Layout and install plumbing systems for water, gas, air, oxygen, steam and similar systems. Install and/or connection of fixtures such as sinks, bowls, showers, radiators and a variety of medical equipment and related components. Change location of plumbing systems and equipment as required or directed. Inspect, test and repair faulty pipes, lines, controls, valves and fittings.
2) Maintain thorough knowledge of current methods and practices in plumbing procedures including codes and similar regulations. Refer unusual cases or problems to manager. Inspect and approve work of unlicensed personnel as required.
3) Prepare and maintain required records of time, materials and supplies. Order materials and supplies as needed.
4) Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, neat and orderly condition.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic computer and math skills, ability to read, write and speak English, ability to work with minimum supervision
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Driver License – Other, Licensed Plumber – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.