Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are looking for a Licensed Plumber to join our Engineering team!
Resume required with application
- 40 hours, day shift, on call rotation
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of the Engineering Supervisor, perform a variety of duties involving layout, installation, alteration, inspection, test and repair of plumbing, sprinkler, medical gas systems, process piping and related equipment throughout Baystate Franklin Medical Center to keep the systems and equipment in proper working order.
Promotes and participates in team problem solving approach with co-workers, and other Engineering staff. Assists co-workers in resolving technical, scheduling and customer satisfaction issues. Provides technical support to other departments in matters pertaining to plumbing systems and the review for new additions or modifications to building plumbing systems. Support the organization's mission and operating principles.
Must be available for after hour call-ins.
Observe all health and safety requirements. Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
1) Work from Work Orders, specifications, drawings, prints and instructions. Install, repair and/or modify new and existing systems and related equipment. Layout and install plumbing systems for water, backflow devices, gas, pnuematic and medical air, oxygen, vacuum, and steam. Working knowledge of pressure reducing valves, steam trapping, float and thermostat types and invert bucket steam traps, fire protection systems, medical gas and similar systems.
2) Install and/or connection of fixtures such as sinks, bowls, showers, radiators and a variety of medical equipment and related components. Change location of plumbing systems and equipment as required or directed. Inspect, test and repair faulty pipes, lines, controls, valves and fittings. Is familiar with locations and procedures to promptly switch to back-up systems that are available in cases of emergency or planned shutdowns of primary systems.
3) Maintain thorough knowledge of current methods and practices in plumbing procedures including codes and similar regulations. Refer unusual cases or problems to supervisor. Inspect and approve work of unlicensed personnel as required.
4) Trouble shoot and apply planned maintenance to sewer, water and medical gas systems as needed and/or as described and scheduled by the PM program. Is responsible for the plumbing PM Program.
5) Assist and/or conduct system testing as required by code and/or as requested by the supervisor, including pressure/leak testing on all new installations as well as scheduled performance tests as described by the manager, including those originated by the Fire Marshall or Building Inspectors. Installs and tests all plumbing components to meet City, State, National codes. Is responsible for review of reports and coordination of repairs.
6) Capable of planning installation and repair of these systems and fixtures with other trades in a prompt manner.
7) Is able to read blueprints and layout work for new construction and renovation as well as researching existing systems in a prompt manner so as not to cause any delays.
8) Is familiar with locations and procedures to promptly switch to back-up systems that are available in cases of emergency or planned shutdowns of primary systems.
9) Prepare and maintain required records of time, materials and supplies. Order materials and supplies as needed.
10) Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, neat and orderly condition.
11) Oversees the testing, inspection , and installation of the Medical Gas Systems. Completes any outstanding deficiencies within 30 days of the inspection.
12) Oversees asbestos abatement program.
13) Oversees the testing, inspection, and installation of the backflow preventers. Completes any outstanding deficiencies within 30 days of the inspection.
14) Must obtain Med Gas 6040 License within one year of date of hire if not already licensed.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 years as a Plumber/Pipe Fitter.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
2) Basis computer skills and math skills.
3) Ability to read, write and speak English.
4) Ability to work with minimum supervision.
5) Soldering, welding, pipe fitting, plumbing systems, mechanical/electrical knowledge.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required), Vocational
Certification in Specialty – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.