Performance - Baystate Health
Category(s): Performance/Analytics/Quality, Performance
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Operations Excellence Partner
The Operations Excellence Partner role is responsible for cultivating the growth and sustaining a culture of Continuous Improvement at Baystate Health through the leadership of initiatives, managing change, coaching and training. The Operations Excellence Business Partner supports the organization's focus and commitment to transforming healthcare delivery through process transformation and innovation. Activities include independently leading multiple concurrent projects applying LSS methodology, change management, reengineering; economic and leading practice principles, tools and techniques to deliver business and clinical results.
The Operations Excellence Partner manages numerous tasks in a complex and dynamic environment. Partners with sponsors, process owners, team members and strategic and operational leadership to execute the project and deliver results. Furthermore, the position assists in the delivery of process improvement and change curriculum as well as the integration of new tools. Additionally, recommends, implements, integrates and manages change as part of their project work.
Projects are aligned, undertaken and executed to support the organization's strategic objectives and goals that optimize patient safety, quality, delivery and reduce cost to achieve Baystate Health's mission and vision. Project activities are accountable for providing clinical and business solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations and to provide value.
1) Initiates, identifies and coordinates the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as new and exisitng business operating models, innovative approaches to solutions, market research of emerging or available
product functionality and healthcare intelligence and operational readiness assessment.
2) Independently collects, validates, analyzes and synthesizes data, complex information and observations to arrive at findings, providing recommendations that support project objectives.
3) Performs analysis related to flow of people; activities; materials and information, employee work methods and utilization; policies and procedures, supervisory structure, equipment and computerized systems. Performs studies to determine service capacities and demand, to evaluate staffing needs, to analyze workloads, and to design systems for production and inventory control. Prepares time and cost estimates for project implementations.
4) Utilizes advanced engineering techniques such as operational research, human factors design, mathematical modeling, queuing theory, theory of constraints, simulation. Applies techniques and tools from the IHI Model for Improvement, Lean Six Sigma, FMEA and WorkOut.
5) Leads and coaches effective change by teaching organizational change management and individual change management, implementing customized change management strategy plans as well as mentoring leaders in their roles to support individual change.
6) Facilitates effective, cross-functional working sessions with project stakeholders at all levels of the organization, managing group dynamics and providing technical expertise on process and reengineering activities.
7) Partners with leaders to drive results, assuring the linkage between project and buisness/customer priorities.
8) Prepares and delivers clear and succinct presentations to effectively communicate synthesized information and analytical results to stakeholders and leaders at all leadership levels within the organization to drive project objectives.
9) Effectively delivers training curriculum in various settings to increase colleagues' capabilities to continuously improve their work daily and particpate in process improvement in the workplace.
10) Provides coaching and mentoring to sponsors, process owners, teams and individuals in the use of tools and techniques that will help realize the gains associated with process improvement.
11) Leads the transition of process development transformation from project to operations to ensure a smooth and successful transition, including control and sustainability plans.
12) Defines, develops and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success, including working with multiple stakeholders, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Reviews data post-implementation to measure success.
13) Serves as a professional representative of Operations Excellence team to the Baystate Health enterprise, Baystate Health patients and families, external agencies, suppliers/vendors and the public.
14) Ability to create insightful process maps, workflow diagrams and Value Steam Maps. Ability to create insightful graphical representations of complex metrics and data.
15) Plans and completes assigned work on time and in accordance with established timelines. Additional duties as assigned.
Minimally Required Education:
Bachelors degree Industrial Engineering, Quality, Business or other related functional area
Will consider a masters prepared clinical professional with demonstrated experience in facilitating teams, performance improvement, project management or education. Certification Lean Six Sigma must be obtained within 6 months
Required Work Experience:
Three plus years experience applying process improvement and or engineering methodologies and principles in a complex and dynamic environment
Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute projects with realized financial benefits
Preferred Work Experience:
Related work experience in healthcare systems, hospitals, medical practices
Skills and Competencies:
Basic awareness and understanding of healthcare industry with a working knowledge of hospital operations
Demonstrated analytical skills, data mining skills a plus
Demonstrated experience in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools
Demonstrated experience in the use of Change Management principles and tools with an apititude to lead sustainable change
Demonstrated critical thinking skills
Demonstrated ability to work independently with general supervision to meet or exceed performance expectations
Stong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Stong Executive Presence to ensure credibility and ability to "own the room"
Strong written and oral communication skills, with presentation and facilitation skills
Ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflict
Able to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs to meet project objectives
Ability to move ahead with ambiguity while effectively balancing multiple priorities
Ability to make quality, independent decisions, work effectively and efficiently within tight deadlines
Proficiency in the use statistical and data visualization tools e.g. Minitab, Excel, Tableau and Visio
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required), Master of Arts
Certified Change Management Professional – Other, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – LEAN, Will consider a masters prepared clinical professional with demonstrated experience in facilitating teams, performance improvement, project management or education. Certification Lean Six Sigma must be obtained within 6 mont – Will consider a masters prepared clinical professional with demonstrated experience in facilitating teams, performance improvement, project management or education. Certification Lean Six Sigma must be obtained within 6 mont
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.