Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Schedule:7:00 AM – 3:30 PM with rotating weekends and holidays
We are an 85-bed acute care community hospital in Westfield, Massachusetts. We provide access to the world-class doctors, treatments, diagnostics, and technology of the Baystate Health network. Our team members, including skilled, compassionate nurses and medical support staff members, provide advanced and compassionate care.
As our patient, you can expect advanced care close to home from specialists throughout the Baystate Health system. Some of the many types of care we offer include:
- Behavioral health, including suicide screenings and assessments
- Breast care, including high-risk patients
- Cardiology care
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation
- Emergency care available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Imaging, including CT scans, MRI scans and X-rays
- Nephrology (kidney care)
- Laboratory services
- Mammography, including 3D mammography
- Obstetrics and gynecology (OBGYN)
- Pulmonary medicine, including pulmonary rehabilitation
- Inpatient rehabilitation care at Bronson Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Women's health, including urogynecologic care and incontinence treatment
- And care for many other injuries, illnesses, and conditions
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Jim Pugliese, Healthcare Recruiter
Incumbent is required to adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations. Job specifications and related duties are subject to change based on departmental requirements and medical advancements in treatment modalities.
Under the supervision of the Radiologist and according to established policies and procedures, operates imaging equipment as required by specialty area, to obtain diagnostic films according to Radiologist specifications.
Provide Technical leadership and coordinate daily workflow in assigned specialty area. Assists new staff with orientation of duties. Coordinates and evaluates staff competencies. Acts as charge person in the absence of the manager. Performs imaging studies as described for assigned specialty. Assists with clerical functions and basic nursing skills as needed. Maintains a positive customer service attitude, adheres to the Baystate Operating Principles and promotes teamwork by modeling an effective team player.
1) Demonstrates excellent customer service through positive patient experience; promotes positive inter/intradepartmental communications and relationships; maintains confidentiality.
2) Demonstrates a sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of required imaging equipment in area of specialty. Demonstrates proficiencies with CR, DR, PACs and applicable modality specific equipment.
3) Maintains knowledge of procedures/protocols and applies knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and is able to identify pathology, within scope of practice to obtain necessary diagnostic information. Responsible for independent and proficient operation of all assigned imaging equipment in area of specialty to provide the best image outcomes in a proficient and time sensitive manner.
4) Properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies with National Patient Safety Goals standards and ARRT Code of Ethics standards. Performs procedures as outlined including but not limited to routine, specialized, emergency and urgent imaging procedures. Responsible for providing accurate, high quality exams.
5) Maintains operational communication with Supervisor/Manager; shares information and follows through with assigned tasks. Works as a member of the health care team including physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in diagnostic testing.
6) Analyzes equipment problems, seeking guidance as necessary to achieve resolution. Operates and maintains exam room and equipment: evaluates equipment problems and takes appropriate action to expedite necessary service or repair. Demonstrates knowledge/understanding in effectively operating all equipment. Performs quality checks on equipment in accordance with departmental procedures. Coordinates upgrades and/or preventative maintenance. Keeps work areas stocked with appropriate supplies. Keeps all imaging rooms neat and clean. Ensures supplies in work area are not damaged or outdated. Discards waste in appropriate waste containers according to established procedures.
7) Recognizes examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the radiologist (example: critical test results) and verifies timely transfer of images to the PACS system.
8) Provides clinical expertise in area of specialty. Knowledgeable of interdepartmental functions, policies and procedures. Initiates corrective action for deficiencies observed.
9) Assures ongoing compliance with JC, MQSA and ACR regulatory and DPH/CMS requirements. Participates in departmental quality assurance activities. Supports QC/QA activities in the department.
10) Performs accurate and high quality exams to assure proper technique, positioning and visualization of the appropriate anatomy requested. Instructs patient before and during procedure to maximize probability of obtaining a complete and accurate result.
11) Maintains standards of skills: demonstrates/maintains current knowledge/skill in providing appropriate care for all patients potentially served in an imaging service, to include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
12) Presents self to all patients and other customers in a pleasant, professional and courteous manner at all times.
13) Attends and participates in in-service meetings and other designated training events that will enhance clinical skills as documented by attendance at meetings/seminars.
14) Reports any suggestions for positive changes or recommendations within departmental policies/procedures to supervisor.
15) Accurately inputs data, demographics and information into appropriate modality specific computer applications and systems.
16) Coordinates staff competencies and participates in performance evaluations.
Assists in the training of technologists, residents and students when assigned to same work area according to departmental procedures, where applicable. Demonstrates a willingness to learn new procedures and accept new responsibilities.
17) Observes strict safety standards in area of specialty ensuring the safety of patients, family members, staff and visitors. Maintains an environment that is free of hazards.
18) Organizes staff schedules for coordination of patient care. Prioritizes and assists in resolving schedule conflicts.
Utilizes time in an effective manner by coordinating patients and procedures to achieve maximum productivity as observed by supervisor.
19) Assist the radiologist in a wide range of sterile procedures, as dictated by modality. Demonstrates ability to start I.V.s independently and administer contrast media with power injector where applicable.
20) Radiation safety procedures and protocols: maintains radiation safety to patient, staff and self according to departmental procedures. Wears radiation monitoring device as appropriate and required.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 years as a Specialty Modality Tech
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Outpatient or hospital
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to work with computer applications
2) Demonstrates good verbal and written communication
3) Able to work independently and be self-motivated
4) When specialized modality requires, proven competencies in IV skills and venipuncture
5) Basic ability to lead/direct others
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Medical Imaging (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Imaging Modality Certification – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.