Supply Chain - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Supply Chain
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
The BH Inventory System Specialist performs a wide variety of functions relating to processing department requisitions and master file maintenance. The Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the master file information within the Materials Management Information System (MMIS). The ISS is responsible in handling a large call volume of inquires related to procurement and delivery of supplies from various warehouse locations within Baystate Health. The ISS is responsible for resolving supply related issues and following-up on all inquiries in a timely manner.
The Inventory System Specialist (ISS) reports to the Materials Management Consultant and Information Systems Administrator, processing and ensuring delivery of stock orders within Baystate Health. The ISS also supports the Charge Master Analyst by performing various functions relating to researching and gathering information to appropriately maintain the MMIS master files. The Inventory System Specialist is a key contributor to the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire Baystate Health supply chain team. The Inventory System Specialist is responsible for a multitude of activities within the purchasing environment including processing inventory requisitions, creating non-stock item master files in the MMIS, and maintaining the integrity of information related to supplies by using high level problem solving and analytical skills.
1) Utilize Lawson Materials Management Information System (MMIS) for processing of inventory requisitions, maintaining master file and warehouse location information, handling stock returns to vendors, and maintaining the inventory of all internally produced forms. Create and maintain the integrity of the master file within the Purchasing/Warehousing Lawson MMIS for accurate cost, product and vendor source information, and charge description master file information. Communicate and notify end user departments of Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes, patient charge service codes for reimbursement, and all other pertinent product information
2) Generate supply chain reports utilizing MMIS functionality, MS Add-Ins and other available tools. Review and verify the accuracy of information through collaborative efforts with supply chain in Warehousing, Purchasing, and Finance. Develop and maintain an efficient and effective working relationship with colleagues throughout Baystate Health to enhance operational efficiencies.
3) Create and maintain files within the Lawson Systems relating to accurate pricing, unit of measure, product descriptions, manufacturer numbers, vendor order numbers, HCPCS codes and service codes. Research and resolve discrepancies relative to stock number, manufacturer number, product number, quantity on hand, last date received, unit of issue / unit of purchase, bin location, etc., within MMIS.
4) Process all supply requisitions and product returns in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. Perform a daily review of customer generated incomplete requisitions in the MMIS, and collaborate with requesting departments to complete requisitions and process the orders. Review all Global Health Exchange (GHX) orders for discrepancies including unit of issue, part number, cost, and other product changes.
5) Reconcile gas cylinder inventory and demurrage on a weekly and ad hoc basis. Handle telephone calls in an efficient and professional manner. Resolve customer issues as appropriate. Create and maintain electronic procurement templates to facilitate ordering by BH customers.
6) Collaborate with Purchasing Agents, Assistant Purchasing Agents, and other colleagues to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiencies in BH Supply Chain Operations. Maintain confidential information, including pricing, terms, and other contract information. Maintain files relating to all purchasing functions according to department guidelines.
7) Consistently adhere to confidentiality, the Baystate Operating Principles, and the Baystate Best Service Standards as a member of the BH Supply Chain team. Ensure work area is kept and maintained in a neat, clean, organized and safe manner at all times in accordance with BH health and safety requirements.
8) Perform other related duties as assigned, observes all health and safety requirements, and adheres to Baystate Health and Department compliance policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 3 years experience in healthcare materials management, procurement, warehousing or supply chain logistics
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Experience with Lawson Materials Management System, purchasing practices and basic accounting practices preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a member of a team on assigned projects
2) Strong customer service and telephone skills and the ability to solve problems
3) Well developed PC skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word)
4) Experience in office procedures, equipment, and knowledge of medical supply terminology preferred
5) Proficiency with data entry and demonstrated analytical skills
6) Ability to complete special projects in a timely fashion, and demonstrate creativity in gaining efficiencies in the Supply Chain environment
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.