Unit Clerical Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Unit Clerical Support
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Food and Nutrition Inventory Handler is responsible for the effectiveness of Commissary daily activities, which includes warehousing, distribution processes and delivery services to provide maximum levels of efficiency and service to all Baystate Health entities. The Inventory Handler plays an integral role in supporting the Commissary financial initiatives, objectives and processes associated with the efficient flow of inventory related to the Commissary and overall Food and Nutrition department. Daily activities include, but not limited to, maintaining the quality of food and related supplies, safe receiving and slotting of all supplies, performing daily inventory (cycle) counts, assembling and distributing orders, refrigerated vehicle maintenance and safe operation, daily work area sanitation, confident use of computer applications and barcode scanners to complete specific tasks. The Inventory Handler will foster positive relationships with Commissary staff and external staff in order to accomplish daily activities, continuous work and best quality improvements. Maintains Baystate Health’s Operating Principles and Service Standards at all times.
1) Verifies accuracy/discrepancies of all deliveries by inspecting and matching materials through physical counting, weighing and comparing product to invoice/delivery receipt from vendor/distributor. Inspects deliveries for potential contamination or damage. Verifies perishable products are being received and within safe temperature reading by use of HACCP receiving form and temperature reading tools.
2) Sorting and placing inventory on racks, bins and shelving according to predetermined sequence.
3) Assembles customer orders, requisitions or requests for materials or other items and distribute to designated area or customer, which may also include assisting customers with the handling of delivered items once delivered.
4) Assists at maintaining accurate inventory counts while ensuring that all materials are organized, within code and rotated.
5) Supports Commissary quality control processes for inventory by ensuring product integrity and appropriate follow up with area staff, customers and manager or designee.
6) Assists at printing, entering and filing essential requisitions into CBORD inventory management system by use of PC during the absence of a Commissary Liaison.
7) Must demonstrate initiative in completing individual tasks and requires the ability to work toward defined objectives with minimum amount of supervision.
8) Operates straight and box trucks along with cargo vans in a confident and safe manner.
9) A clear understanding that this position is considered essential, which means that incumbent may be required to assist with emergency preparedness and relief.
10) Actively participates in staff meetings, takes initiative and meets project deadlines. Promotes good rapport with customers and coworkers.
Required Work Experience:
1) Warehousing, Supply Chain and Customer Service
2) Valid Drivers License – Position subject to additional requirements (BH-HR-902 Fleet Policy)
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to all customers, internal and external
2) Reads and writes English with the ability to decipher
3) Collaboration across departments, services and division
4) Self directed
5) Excellent Arithmetic Skills
6) Demonstrates good communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
7) Must maintain a good driving record, valid drivers license and D
11) Ability to work in a fast pace and physical environments that fluctuates anywhere between room temperature to below freezing temperatures
12) Strives for continuous self improvement
13) Demonstrates flexibility and confidence to work in various positions within work area
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.