Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Utilizing strong customer services skills the intake specialist is responsible for facilitating all referrals via phone lines, allscripts (electronic referral system), website referrals, the pool inbox in CIS, and fax, both manual and electronic. This position enters referral information into the EMR and completes workflow tasks as assigned. Verification of eligibilty for all payors is obtained and pending authorization is entered for assigned ordered disciplines. Complex clinical referrals are handed off to the intake RN for further clinical review. This postion works with and supports the intake RN to ensure effective communication of referrals and timely initiation of services.
1) Responsible for facilitating efficient and effective patient care by assisting with all aspects of the intake process.
2) Receives phone calls, electronic transmissions, faxes, and website inquiries regarding potential referrals for service to all BHH programs while screening referral for appropriateness based on regulatory criteria. Initiates referral receipt documentation after reviewing request per department policy as well as request specific information when appropriate in Allscripts (electronic discharge database).
3) Requests additional information from providers or referrals sources where applicable. Ensures next steps are documented, phone calls to referral sources are completed and documented.
4) Accurately completes referral registration in SMS( when required), followed by record creation and documentation in EMR per department process for referral documentation in EMR. This includes demographic and emergency contact information, attachment of documents, medications and any information necessary to facillitate the admission process per the regulatory requirements for Home Care, Palliative or Hospice.
5) Initiates Face to Face for all required payors, both primary and secondary at the time of referral and follows up on receipt of the face to face form from the physician.
6) Identify and verify correct MD for all referrals, verify discharge of all scheduled patients from hospitals/facilities, call patient to confirm visit following intake process the day prior to scheduled admission.
7) Performs search in patient ping to identify high risk aco patients and document in EMR
8) Verification of eligibility of all payors and entering pending authorization into EMR
9) Reviews intake coordination notes daily and updates demophraphic change requests and physicians in EMR.
10) Works closely with Intake Nurse to discuss issues and hand off complex cases based on established criteria (i.e. infusion therapy, wd vac or complex wd care, trach or g-tube)
11) Meets daily productivity/turnaround times as deemed appropriate by management.
12) Maintains positive professional relations with support personnel through appropriate and timely responses for information or paperwork necessary for the key clinical and billing functions of the agency
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.