Billing - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Billing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Insurance Verification Supervisor and Manager an Insurance Verification Representative will review, verify, and secure patient demographic and insurance information, obtain authorization information, initiate required certifications for sponsored admissions, and work related denials in order to minimize bad debt expenses and maximize reimbursement.
1) Secures accounts in order to obtain proper reimbursement. Verifies eligibility and obtains benefits for assigned accounts, completes Notifications of Admissions and births, change of admission status and obtains authorizations/referrals with knowledge of 3rd party requirements for claims submissions for assigned payers.
2) Obtains certification / authorization when required and identifies potential gaps in coverage (deductibles, uncovered days, etc) and collaborates with referring provider, PBO, Patient Accounting, Managed Care, Case Management, Financial Counselors, patient employer, etc. to minimize self pay balances.
3) Follows up with payers to resolve coverage/benefit issues. Accurately and completely documents account activity in necessary applications.
4) Collaborates with Case Management, Denials Management, and Patient Accounting to recover payment for assigned denials.
5) Maintains knowledge of ever-changing payer guidelines pertaining to benefit, eligibility, and authorization information by use of web portals and carrier communications.
6) Independently resolves insurance authorization and assignment issues.
7) Participates in cross training to promote efficient and customer friendly service to meet or exceed established quality and productivity standards.
8) Meets all productivity standards for the position.
9) Maintain an account accuracy average rate of >/= 97%.
10) Demonstrates understanding and skilled use of necessary computer programs.
Required Work Experience:
1) Medical billing and/or Authorization and Referral focus
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Healthcare Accounts Receivable or equivalent
Skills and Competencies:
1) Microsoft Office Suite Skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.