Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, is looking for an experienced Injury Prevention Coordinator to join our Trauma Services Team .
The Injury Prevention Coordinator with Trauma Services is responsible for the organization of services and systems necessary for a multidisciplinary approach to providing care to the injured pediatric and adult patients. The incumbent promotes optimal patient care through a variety of collaborative activities to include: professional and public education and research, provide coordination of all injury prevention efforts (pediatric and adult), develop strategic plans for injury prevention programs, and implement outreach programs to advocate for the prevention of trauma injuries. These responsibilities are based on the needs of the patients and their families, the health care system, the community and region at large.
- Acts as liaison with Baystate government relations office and all injury prevention activities and. works with internal and external stakeholders and their representatives.
- Collaborates with community organizations to implement and facilitate public awareness programs regarding trauma topic and participates in the community to promote injury prevention efforts
- Develops programs related to injury prevention for Western Massachusetts.
- Maintains strong presence in community by attending meetings and becoming liaison to neighborhood coalition groups, government agencies, your advocates, public health departments, police, schools, and other related organizations.
- Markets Baystate resources to community groups and organizations and encourages the use of speakers and educational materials where appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with Trauma leadership to monitor and promote universal screening for alcohol and intervention in all injured patients.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3- 5 experience program development, program planning, organizing, public education
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well within the community
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Ability to lead a groups and interact with all levels requiring tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to deliver presentations and facilitate large group meetings.
- Energy and excitement to be part of a rapidly expanding comprehensive Trauma program that serves the region.
Requires travel through Baystate's trauma catchment area to participate in injury prevention related community activities when applicable.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.