Social Worker - Baystate Health
Category(s): Behavioral Health, Social Worker
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Integrated Behavioral Health in Greenfield, MA is seeking a full-time LICSW to join our amazing Behavioral Health Clinician team.
*Sign-on bonus for eligible new hires
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and Medical Director, the Behavioral Health Clinician II – Outpatient (“BHC-II”) provides clinical services to patients, couples, and families being treated in the Outpatient Behavioral Health department. Demonstrates master's level knowledge of developmental stages, behavioral health diagnoses, current treatment modalities, ethical guidelines, therapeutic processes, as well as knowledge and experience relevant to any special population to which the BHC-II is being assigned (such as children and adolescents, survivors of trauma, or individuals with Substance Use Disorders).
The primary function of the BHC-II is to provide psychotherapeutic treatment to the assigned treatment population. The BHC-II will often collaborate with other providers treating the patient, such as medical specialists, primary care physicians or pediatricians, medication provider colleagues within the Outpatient Behavioral Health department, whether in the context of receiving referrals for psychotherapy, providing collaborative multidisciplinary treatment or arranging discharge plans. Clinical responsibilities include conducting intake interviews to obtain patient history information, contributing clinical impressions, making preliminary diagnoses, and participating in the development of an interdisciplinary assessment and treatment plan. Treatment will also often involve collaboration with outside agencies (e.g., public and private schools, wraparound services, community-based behavioral health agencies and programs, community primary care providers, or representatives of state agencies such as DMH or DCF).
Represents and supports Baystate Health’s mission to provide quality, compassionate care to members of our community while operating in collaboration with other clinical departments, emphasizing the important interaction between behavioral health, general health, and wellness. Contributes to Baystate Health’s four compass points of Safety, Quality, Experience, and Value, and demonstrates the BH values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Teamwork and Innovation in all interactions with patients, families, colleagues and collateral contacts.
1) Provides developmentally informed and culturally sensitive treatment to patients and families.
2) Evaluates patients to assess presenting problems, contributing history, and current mental status. Assessments are comprehensive, age-specific and include social, psychological, cultural, spiritual, environmental and financial assessment necessary to inform appropriate therapeutic care.
3) Collaborates with the patient/family to develop behaviorally specific treatment plans including measurable treatment goals.
4) Provides therapeutic services to patients/families. Utilizes evidence-based therapeutic modalities and approaches to facilitate optimal clinical outcomes. Makes use of Measurement-Based Care tools as needed and/or directed by the Clinical Supervisor to inform treatment decisions and meaningfully involve the patient/family in treatment.
5) Completes all documentation related to treatment in the clinical record according to established departmental standards consistent with Joint Commission guidelines.
6) Manages the necessary documentation and provides the information required by third-party payers to secure reimbursement, as needed.
7) Conducts meetings with families, significant others and other service providers as needed and/or delineated in the treatment plan.
8) Provides strategic information and input to the Practice Manager as needed for service quality evaluation and program development. Contributes to performance improvement activities when indicated to support ongoing advancement of clinical practice or systems issues affecting the delivery of service.
9) As supported by the Clinical Supervisor, the Practice Manager or Medical Director may participate as needed in teaching activities and academic activities, which may include the clinical supervision of social work interns and other clinicians as requested.
10) Participates in other special activities of the department as requested by the Clinical Supervisor, Practice Manager or Medical Director.
11) Observes all health and safety requirements.
12) Adheres to the system and department policies and procedures, and any applicable laws and regulations. Meets departmental productivity standards, including timely submission of productivity paperwork.
13) Actively participates in departmental and program meetings, such as conferences, administrative meetings, training, program development, and other special committees.
14) Identifies appropriate goals that enhance professional development and institutional needs. Maintains independent licensure, including earning of required CEU's. Contributes to the perspective of her/his professional discipline to the interdisciplinary care team as appropriate and adheres to the profession’s Code of Ethics.
15) This description covers the essential functions of the position. The incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
16) Management has the right to add or change to job responsibilities at any time.
LICSW active in the State of Massachusetts (required)
Required Work Experience:
Three or more years of experience in providing treatment in outpatient mental health settings.
Preferred Work Experience:
Five or more years of experience in providing treatment in outpatient mental health settings.
Full-time 40-hours Monday-Friday Days
Baystate Medical Practice in Greenfield, MA
Skills and Competencies:
1) Clinical assessment, brief, evidence-based psychotherapy techniques, administration and interpretation of behavioral health screening instruments, team-based collaboration skills.
2) Knowledge of medical terminology and of health care systems.
3) Excellent interpersonal skills.
4) Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
5) Knowledgebase related to issues of cultural competence.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Science: Social Work (Required)
Independent licensure: LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker); In some work settings, LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) and LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist) may be permissible – Independent licensure: LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker); In some work settings, LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) and LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist) may be permissible
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.