Psychologist - Baystate Health
Category(s): Behavioral Health, Psychologist
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Practice Manager and Chief of Child Psychiatry, the Psychologist provides clinical services to patients, couples, and families being treated in the Outpatient Behavioral Health. Demonstrates doctorate level knowledge of developmental stages, personality structure and development, mental health diagnoses, current treatment modalities, and psychological testing methods.
Clinical responsibilities include conducting intake interviews to obtain patient history information, contributing diagnostic information, making preliminary diagnoses, and participating in the development of an interdisciplinary assessment and treatment plan, which will typically include pediatric developmental input, psychological testing, individual insight-oriented or interactive psychotherapy, family therapy, and collaboration with outside agencies (e.g., public and private schools, daycare centers, mental health agencies, child advocacy groups), and contributions by other psychological disciplines.
Provide support to various workgroups, councils, committees, and boards.
1) Provides developmentally informed and culturally sensitive treatment to patients and families.
2) Evaluates patients to assess presenting problem, contributing history, and current mental status
3) Develops behaviorally specific treatment plans, including measurable treatment goals
4) Completes all documentation related to treatment in the clinical record according to established standards consistent with NCQA guidelines
5) Manages the necessary documentation and provides the information required by third-party payers to secure reimbursement.
6) Conducts meetings with families, significant others, and other service providers as delineated in the treatment plan.
7) Provides psychological testing as requested or necessary for assessment or treatment purposes
8) Provides strategic information and input to the Practice Manager for service quality evaluation and program development.
9) As supported by the Practice Manager or Chief Child Psychiatry, participates in teaching activities and academic activities, which may include the clinical supervision of practicum students, post-doctoral students, and other clinicians as requested.
10) Participates in other special activities of the department as requested by the Practice Manager.
11) Maintain and lead an active behavioral health team to collaboratively care for patients with Clinicians, Residents, and Faculty.
12) Oversee scheduling of behavioral health providers in collaboration with the Residency scheduling team to provide access to patients and educational opportunities for Resident Physicians and other professional students.
13) Oversee the development and implementation of a longitudinal integrated behavioral medicine curriculum to ensure compliance with all ACGME requirements inclusive of education specific to diagnosis, management, and coordination of care for common mental illnesses and behavioral issues in patients of all ages
14) Video-precepting/Direct Observations of Care of residents with feedback, evaluation, and monitoring of clinical growth
15) Education on identification and support of the impaired or suicidal healthcare team member
16) Observes all health and safety requirements.
17) Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
18) Management has the right to add or change to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Experience in providing treatment in outpatient mental health settings
1) Experience working with individuals with trauma histories
1) Knowledge of medical terminology and of health care systems
2) Excellent interpersonal skills
3) Excellent communication skills, written and oral
4) Knowledge base related to issues of cultural competence
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Doctor of Psychology: Psychology (Required)
Licensed Psychologist – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.