Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Supervisor of HVAC, perform a variety of duties involving inspection, maintenance and installation of mechanical refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and components throughout Baystate Medical Center. This position is accountable for ensuring effective maintenance and operation of HVAC/Refrigeration, pumps, pneumatic / electrical controls, ductwork and related equipment to all facilities of Baystate Medical Center and its ancillary buildings.
Promotes and participates in team problem solving approach with co-workers and other Engineering staff. Assists co-workers in resolving technical, scheduling and customer satisfaction issues. Provides technical support to other departments in matters pertaining to HVAC systems and the review for new additions or modifications to building HVAC systems. Support the Organization's Mission and Operating Principles.
1) Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC and refrigeration equipment and systems to obtain efficient operating results and maximize equipment life expectancy. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to minimize down time and service requests. Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all HVAC/R systems. Apply the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units. Maintain equipment to simultaneously control space temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution. Use the psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties.
2) Analyze, Plan, and Perform Preventive Maintenance of HVAC System throughout the Baystate Health System. Assist in managing the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Joint Commission required documentation. Maintain systems include but are not limited to air cooled, water cooled, hot water systems, chilled water systems, VAV systems, steam heating systems and building automation control systems. Ensuring each component is functioning properly as well as the system as a whole
3) Charge refrigeration and air conditioning equipment as required. Perform brazing, soldering and similar procedures as required. Detect faulty operation of equipment and perform necessary adjustments and repairs. Refer unusual cases or problems to coordinator or manager.
4) Use diagnostic test equipment such as multimeters, amprobe, air and water flow measuring devices. Read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints
5) Monitor and maintain necessary levels of parts and supplies related to heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, procurement by means of available vendors in accordance with hospital purchasing procedures.
6) Respond at any time to an emergency repair situation of HVAC equipment and/or fire, flood and power failure, In order to maintain a functionally safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors including emergency call after normal work shift.
7) Participate in on call rotation. Put hospital interests at a high priority. Fill shifts where needed and staying late if necessary.
8) Diagnoses and corrects problems in the refrigeration circuit, uses manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
9) Diagnoses problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot and repair.
10) Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
11) Manage relationship with all major vendor accounts
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Chlorofluorocarbon Certification – Environmental Protection Agency, Driver License – Other, HVAC-Refrigeration Technician – Other, HVAC-Refrigeration Technician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.