Employee Relations - Baystate Health
Category(s): Human Resources, Employee Relations
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Bilingual and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Support DEI and Engagement Teams in developing and executing detailed events plans in support of employee engagement and retention. Events planning time is remote and actual events may require onsite work. This position is accountable for the effective planning, coordination, and implementation of special events for Baystate Health employees as part of DEI and engagement efforts. Responsibilities include developing creative ideas for events; effective and efficient planning and implementation of events; contract negotiations for vendors, space, and other aspects of the events; post-event critique and follow-up; and contract fulfillment.
1) Provide support for Events; including pre-event/post-event set-up and breakdown, registration, mailings, Facebook updates, scheduling, and attending all in-house events.
2) Event coordination includes consultation on goals and objectives for each event; coordination and organization of schedules; all site arrangements, including setting up, event, and post-event cleanup; budget accountability; recruitment and scheduling of volunteers, leadership, and event guests; publicity and post-assessment/reporting.
3) Frequent interaction with senior Health System leadership and DEI and Engagement staff
4) Able to make sound independent decisions, capable of facilitating group planning and project management, as well as assisting in event-related communications.
5) The individual should be an outstanding communicator, an efficient and highly organized project coordinator, with exceptional aptitude for following through.
6) Individual builds positive relationships and has strong customer service skills.
7) Attends orientation, in-service, staff, and any other departmental, agency, or system-wide programs/meetings as requested.
8) Adheres to the system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations.
9) Performs additional duties as requested.
1) 1-2 years experience in event planning and/or related activities and database work
1) Strong organizational skills with the ability to integrate and manage detail.
2) Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
3) Must be able to apply English & Grammar skills independently.
4) Must have the ability to make sound judgments
5) Must have analytical strengths.
6) Self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
7) Good grammar and punctuation skills.
8) Good phone demeanor.
9) Knowledge of online tools and experience with fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
10) Excellent organization and communication skills, clear, courteous, and professional manner.
11) Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
12) Ability to work in an environment requiring strict confidentiality, especially regarding donor information.
13) Ability to direct or manage volunteers in a professional and efficient manner.
This position is 75% remote and 25% in person/onsite as needed.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.