Home Health Aids - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Home Health Aids
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, offers high quality, compassionate and patient focused care and is looking for a Home Health Aide to join the Hospice Home Health Team!
Baystate Home Health and Hospice interdisciplinary care teams consist of experienced nurses, therapists, social workers, hospice aides, spiritual and bereavement counselors, and volunteers. Care teams work together with both the patient and family, to ensure a safe and swift recovery from illness, accident, or surgery in the comfort of home. All care is expressly tailored to meet each patients’ needs.
- Abundance of training
- Competitive rates with a 20% weekend differential
- Career development, CEU allowance and loan reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package with low cost medical/dental
- Robust paid time off
- Baystate takes the safety of employees and patients very seriously and is adhering to all PPE and safety guidelines for Covid-19
- A supportive work environment, which allows the care team to provide optimal patient care
- Increased Mileage reimbursement
1) Provides emotional and physical support to terminally ill individuals and their caregivers. Assists with all personal care duties in a caring and professional manner, encouraging patient independence within the patient's functional limitations. Assists the caregiver in teaching self care to the patient to maintain and promote the independence of individuals in a safe and healthy environment. Performs duties indicated in the patient care plan as outlined by clinical staff . Demonstrates good judgment and skill and takes appropriate initiative to insure that patient care is of optimum quality
2) Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for the application ages groups (neonate, infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, elder). Applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care.
3) Utilizes effective observation skills and reports pertinent information to clinician. Works closely with clinical staff, accepting supervision and guidance. Reports significant concerns and changes in the patient's physical and/or emotional status to clinician.
4) Attends orientation, in-service, staff and any other departmental, agency or system-wide programs/meetings as required. Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and in-services to improve and enhance skills and expend knowledge.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.