Home Care Nursing - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Home Care Nursing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Provides nursing services in patient homes and assumes responsibility for the care and well being of assigned patients. Performs assigned tasks and educates the patient and caregiver to promote self-care within the patient’s functional limitations. Participates as an active member of the care team and collaborates with other members to assure quality and safety measures are met. Contributes to the efficacy of care delivery and an overall positive patient experience.
1) Clinical Practice/Clinical Assessment/Data Collection-Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for the applicable age groups (neonate infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, elder adult) and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care. Establishes realistic goals and develops plan of treatment in cooperation with the patient, family and members of their health care team. Demonstrates excellent physical assessment and care planning skills and proficiency in the completion of OASIS. Demonstrates current knowledge of pharmacology and medication administration. Develops an individualized plan of care based on patient, utilizing assessment data and standards of care while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
2) Clinical Practice/Coordination of Services-Assesses and revises goals and treatment plan as appropriate for high quality service to patients in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. Coordinates care and discharge planning with other team members during case conference and IDT as appropriate. Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of all third party payers and regulatory bodies and agency policies on issues related to documentation and care provided.
3) Standard Nursing Visit-Every nursing visit should include a full patient assessment, medication reconciliation, review of care plan, education to patient and family including any treatments that are ordered.
4) Professional Practice/Development/Education-Receives and considers appropriate feedback from Quality and Education staff on areas for continued improvement. Supervises other members of care team according to agency policies (LPN's and HHA's). Assumes responsibility to keep informed of current changes and trends in the nursing profession. Adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of nursing care. Demonstrates current clinical knowledge, skill and competency. Collaborates with managers to provide appropriate observations and experiences for students and orientees. Ability to be a team player and work within an interdisciplinary team. Attends and contributes to in-service programs.
5) Attends routine IDT and in-service forums and any other departmental, agency or system-wide programs/meetings as requested.
6) Works towards individual and/or team objectives. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested. Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations.
Required Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 1 year of med/surg nursing with community health care preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
1) RNs in this position are required to demonstrate competency in IV and Phlebotomy within one year of their date of hire.
2) Excellent judgment and communication skills.
3) Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
4) Computer experience helpful.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Driver License – Other, Heart Saver CPR – Other, Licensed Practical Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.