Home Health Aids - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Home Health Aids
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides support and assistance with personal care. Assists patient in functioning in their home setting and encourages independence when possible. Maintains safe, healthy environment for patients by completing assigned tasks on the Home Care Aide Plan of Care
1) Performs patient care assignment as directed by the clinical team manager
Assists with all personal care duties in a caring and professional manner. Promotes and supports patient independence in a safe and healthy environment. Follows current written plan of care as measured by patient and staff feedback. Provides emotional and physical support to patients and their caregivers. Accepts supervision and guidance from the clinical team manager.
2) Utilizes effective observation skills.
Takes initiative to report pertinent information to the appropriate team member, according to the written plan of care. Demonstrates good judgment and skill in reporting information and demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages. Attends Home care aide in-services to improve and enhance skills and knowledge.
3) Documents all required information accurately, legibly and thoroughly.
Completes documentation according to established department procedures as measured by Team Assistant, Medical records or record review. Participates in case conferences, contributing input to the patient's plan of care to meet the needs of the patient.
4) Adheres to BHS Confidentiality Policies
Protects patients' privacy at all times, as measured by patient/ staff feedback or direct observation
5) Complies with Organizational Infection Control Policies
Follows Standard Precautions at all times. Follows any special precautions as directed by the clinical team manager or case manager.
6) Attends orientation, in-service, staff and any departmental agency or system – wide programs/ meetings as requested.
Required Work Experience:
1) Completed the certified home health aid training program approved by the MA Public Health Dept
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Home care experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Good interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to deal effectively with people and have the ability to adapt to change
2) Well organized and able to work independently
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Home Health Aid – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.