Data Analyst - Baystate Health
Category(s): Performance/Analytics/Quality, Data Analyst
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Manager of Healthcare Quality, the Healthcare Quality Coordinator is responsible for helping to coordinate quality management efforts including the development, implementation, education, data collection, and analysis of Baystate Wing Hospital's quality program. Through research and analysis, this position helps develop and implement improvement activities to increase compliance with prioritized quality initiatives. The Healthcare Quality Coordinator, under guidance and mentorship provided by the Senior Director of Healthcare Quality and the Healthcare Quality Specialists, takes on increasing levels of independence with work managed by the Quality Department.
1) Monitors performance reports assessing compliance with internal and external healthcare quality standards. Performs analysis to identify improvement opportunities in the data compared to industry standards and recognized benchmarks.
2) Collects and reviews data from one or more sources including encounter-level medical records.
3) Monitors and ensures the validity of data and evaluates reports for data accuracy.
4) Organize and coordinate data abstraction, data entry, ensure data validity, presentation and preliminary analyses for selected projects sponsored and/or supported by the Department of Healthcare Quality.
5) Responsible for the abstraction, entry, management, analysis and report of healthcare data which is the foundation of BWH mandatory publicly reporting data set, targeted clinical studies and the dissemination of results through presentation of clearly written narrative.
6) Creates process documentation for quality improvement activities
7) Collaborates and works with others to design and implement tools, strategies, and educational initiatives to achieve desired results
8) Serves as a department liaison to various teams and supports operational oversight of quality improvement projects
9) Attends workshops, professional meetings, and web-based learning opportunities to develop and maintain current knowledge of the healthcare quality landscape
10) Participates in special projects, as directed
11) Performs other duties as assigned
Minimally Required Experience:
Three (3) years of experience in quality improvement in a healthcare environment; Demonstrated skill and experience in project management.
Preferred Required Experience:
Performance improvement methods and tools (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC)
Knowledge of computer applications related to quality improvement, including spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint, and Word.
Ability to plan and organize data collection activities and evaluate medical records and other healthcare data.
Ability to analyze data and identify trends, opportunities for improvement, and corrective actions. Can resolve simple to moderately complex analytical problems.
Ability to interact effectively with health care team members.
Ability to effectively facilitate and help coordinate the work of a group engaged in quality improvement activities.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.