Employee Training - Baystate Health
Category(s): Education, Employee Training
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The GME Program Administrator supports the graduate medical education program by managing the day-to-day operations by ensuring compliance with ACGME requirements and hospital regulations, to include record/report completion and performance evaluations. Responsible for the efficient and effective supervision of the Residency/Fellowship Program as outlined in the ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) Common, Program and Institutional Requirements. Serves as liaison between residents/fellows, Program Director and Associate Program Directors, faculty and other hospital departments. Ensures that recruitment, orientation, scheduling and credentialing processes are successfully implemented. Assists with individual resident compliance in academic requirements and hospital regulations. Maintains records and reports and ensures completion of entire evaluation system to include, performance evaluations. Collaborates in the development of training programs for residents, fellows, and faculty on all issues related to residency education. Assists faculty with planning and organization of all conferences, retreats, symposia, and independently manages special projects as required. Seeks information from program director and key clinical faculty and updates website. Acts as liaison, counselor and resident advocate by providing leadership and direction to facilitate professional and personal development. These transitions can include, but are not limited to cultural issues, language barriers, and adapting to the rigors of GME training. Facilitates communication between residents/ fellows, Program Director(s), key clinical faculty and Department Chair. Builds trust & respect. Communicates regularly with Academic Affairs-Graduate Medical Education. Has knowledge of organizational development sufficient to administer the education program. Possesses critical thinking skills along with strong written and oral communication skills. Has exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive professional demeanor. Requires strong, independent decision making and judgment skills.
1) Recruitment, Credentialing, Contracts/Licenses/Visas: Independently screens candidates for interview using selection criteria for Program Director to review. Has advanced knowledge of ERAS, builds filters and runs reports. Prepares and submits Rank List to National Resident Matching Program. Independently distributes contracts, licenses, and visas and reviews for accuracy prior to submission to Academic Affairs. Coordinates all aspects of orienting new residents.
2) Schedules/Work Hours: Manages resident/fellow schedules, makes schedule changes, checks for accuracy and informs key stakeholders. Runs monthly New Innovations duty hour reports and reports any discrepancies to program director. Works with trainees to ensure understanding of duty hours reporting and compliance. Attends New Innovations training.
3) Resident/Fellow Curriculum/Conferences: Acts as member of curriculum committee. Oversees annual curriculum updates/ changes into New Innovations
4) Residency Evaluation/Portfolio: Creates/runs compliance reports for Program Director. Creates new and updates existing questionnaires. Oversees entire evaluation process (monthly/bi-annual/end-of-year/program).
5) Residents’ Scholarly Activity/Faculty Research: Capture residents’ Scholarly Activity in New Innovations to include research, organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, and conferences. Assure residents meet scholarly activity requirements. Verifies that resident/fellow and faculty scholarly activity is recorded in ScholarlyPubs.org
6) ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) & Annual Reporting: Collects information to populate the (PIF) Program Information Form for the Program Director. Prepares for site visit and notifies key stakeholders. Maintains ACGME ADS data on a continuing basis. Manages compliance with duty hours on continual basis. Independently performs annual ACGME Web Ads, Freida, GME, & specialty board reporting and reviews with Program Director for final sign-off.
7) ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) & Annual Reporting: Collects information to populate the (PIF) Program Information Form for the Program Director. Prepares for site visit and notifies key stakeholders. Maintains ACGME ADS data on a continuing basis. Manages compliance with duty hours on continual basis. Independently performs annual ACGME Web Ads, Freida, GME, & specialty board reporting and reviews with Program Director for final sign-off.
8) Human Resources: Maintains complete and accurate documentation in Kronos for vacation and personal time, sick time and leave of absence. Notifies program of excessive absence or non-compliance of time off regulations. Seeks/completes additional education and training offered through Human Resources/Professional Organizational Development office Collaborates with Program Director to ensure effective communication and operational activity. May direct work of support staff. May obtain TAGME (Training Administrator of Graduate Medical Education) certification.
9) Professional Development/Training: Acts as administrator at educational and planning meetings. Participates in national specialty organization. Should attend ACGME Annual meeting every 3 to 4 years. Actively attends and participates in Graduate Medical Education administrators meetings
10) Budgets: Oversees residents’ Professional Education Accounts, keeping accurate/updated spreadsheet of expenditures for annual submission to Academic Affairs
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 to 5 years experience or demonstrated competency generally obtained by working in an academic hospital setting
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
2) Independent thinking and critical analysis skills with superior skills in organization and coordination sufficient to administer an education program
3) Demonstrated advanced IT knowledge using Microsoft office with strong database management skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts, GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.