Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Sign On bonus of up to $8000 for Sonographers!
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider is looking for a Part Time Sonographer to join the Baystate Noble team!
Baystate Noble- Westfield, MA
Second shift, 24 hours
- New hires with over 1 year of experience will earn up to 6,000 in bonuses, paid throughout their first year
- X-Ray to CT certifications available
- Career development, CEU allowance and Loan reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package with low cost medical/dental
- Robust paid time off
- Baystate takes the safety of employees and patients very seriously and is adhering to all PPE and safety guidelines for Covid-19.
1) Demonstrates excellent customer service through positive patient experience; promotes positive inter/intradepartmental communications and relationships; maintains confidentiality.
2) With guidance and supervision from the lead sonographer, operate ultrasound equipment, adjust controls according to the organ to be examined, depth of field, and other test specifications to obtain medical diagnosis through appropriate acoustical parameters and in accordance with accepted protocols. Perform technical procedures which may include one or more of the following; abdominal, OB/GYN, trans-vaginal, trans-rectal, scrotal, thyroid, breast, and vascular.
3) Maintains knowledge of procedures/protocols and applies knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and is able to identify pathology, within the scope of practice to obtain necessary diagnostic information. Responsible for independent and proficient operation of all assigned imaging equipment in the area of specialty to provide the best image outcomes in a proficient and time-sensitive manner.
4) Properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies with National Patient Safety Goals standards. Performs procedures as outlined including but not limited to routine, specialized, emergency, and urgent imaging procedures. Responsible for providing accurate, high-quality exams.
5) Maintains operational communication with Supv/Mgr; shares information and follows through with assigned tasks.
6) Works as a member of the healthcare team including physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals in diagnostic testing.
7) Operates and maintains exam room and equipment: evaluates equipment problems and takes appropriate action to expedite necessary service or repair. Demonstrates knowledge/understanding in effectively operating all equipment. Performs quality checks on equipment in accordance with departmental procedures. Keeps work areas stocked with appropriate supplies. Keeps all imaging rooms neat and clean. Ensures supplies in the work area are not damaged or outdated. Discards waste in appropriate waste containers according to established procedures.
8) Recognizes examination findings that may require an immediate clinical response, notifies the radiologist (example: critical test results), and verifies the timely transfer of images to the PACS system.
9) Assures ongoing compliance with JC, MQSA, and ACR regulatory and DPH/CMS requirements. Participates in departmental quality assurance activities. Supports QC activities in the department.
10) Performs accurate and high-quality exams to assure proper technique, positioning, and visualization of the appropriate anatomy requested. Instructs patients before and during the procedure to maximize the probability of obtaining a complete and accurate result.
11) Maintains standards of skills: demonstrates/maintains current knowledge/skill in providing appropriate care for all patients potentially served in an imaging service, including pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
12) Presents self to all patients and other customers in a pleasant, professional and courteous manner at all times.
13) Attends and participates in in-service meetings and other designated training events that will enhance clinical skills as documented by attendance at meetings/seminars.
14) Reports any suggestions for positive changes or recommendations within departmental policies/procedures to the supervisor.
15) Accurately inputs data, demographics, and information into appropriate modality-specific computer applications and systems.
16) Assists in the training of technologists, residents, and students when assigned to the same work area according to departmental procedures, where applicable. Demonstrates a willingness to learn new procedures and accept new responsibilities.
17) Observes strict safety standards in the area of specialty ensuring the safety of patients, family members, staff, and visitors. Maintains an environment that is free of hazards.
18) Utilizes time in an effective manner by coordinating patients and procedures to achieve maximum productivity as observed by the supervisor.
19) Assist the radiologist in a wide range of sterile procedures, as dictated by modality.
20) Has passed RDMS Registry in one specialty.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Diagnostic Medical Sonography, High School Diploma (Required)
(DNU) Heart Saver CPR – Other, Basic Life Support – Other, Radiology Technician-Sonographer – Other, Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.