Accounting - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Accounting
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This is an experienced level general accounting position reporting to the Senior Accountant.
The primary responsibilities of the General Ledger Accountant include: Assisting with the provision of financial support to assure timely, accurate and efficient preparation of general ledger entries, account analysis, budget versus actual analysis, and financial statements.
Specific to Sponsored Programs/Research:
*Post monthly manual journal entries, uploads, payroll and cash interfaces.
*Maintain activity set-ups in general ledger
*Prepare Sponsor invoicing. Coordinate timeliness of billings and reconciliations with grant managers.
*Maintain sponsored programs subledger. Monitor and reconcile subledger cash receipts and receivables.
*Prepare periodic financial reports in compliance with contracts and government regulations for external submissions
*Prepare and maintain various financial reports for internal distribution
*Lead and/or participate in ongoing trainings with accountants and Sponsored Programs Administration grant managers
1) Perform month-end work. Prepare entries submitted by departments to correct, reclassify or record transactions. Ensure entries are properly authorized by departments. Maintain control log for journal entry processing. Clear suspense post transactions. Reconcile accounts. Prepare/review reports.
2) Perform year-end work. Post necessary journal entries, review and reconcile accounts and activity, prepare and maintain year-end audit work papers, flux and analyze variances, and respond to audit requests and questions.
3) Assist in preparation of Prepare federal and state tax and other periodic filings including 990, 990T, MA PC, MA 990T, 3ABC, Section 38D, Business Interruption Insurance. Prepare various U.S. Census filings. Provide and maintain necessary supporting work papers for all filings.
4) Maintain monthly, quarterly and annual account revenue and expense analysis and other schedules as required.
5) Prepare and post intercompany billings. Maintain supporting documentation for intercompany billings. Prepare reconciliation of intercompany accounts. Communicate with other accountants throughout the system to ensure timely reconciliation of intercompany accounts and prompt resolution of any discrepancies.
6) Provide assistance and support to other personnel within the system. Respond to and research inquiries regarding the statement of expense and answer other questions as needed. Assist other financial personnel within the area as required or directed.
7) Assist with Lawson system testing for all modules – General Ledger, Asset Management, Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable, Billing, Activities Management, and Grants Management.
8) Process and post system interfaces and reconcile to system.
Required Work Experience:
1) Bachelors degree in Accounting or
2) 5 years of related experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
2) Experience working in Sponsored Programs/Research Accounting or professional certification (E.g., CRA, CPA)
3) Experience working with Lawson
4) Experience with sponsored grants, contracts, knowledge of related government regulations
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required), Bachelor of Arts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.