Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Engineering Supervisor and/or the HVAC Technician, is responsible to perform a variety of duties that includes the maintenance, repair, inspection, preventative maintenance, service and assisting in the installation of mechanical refrigeration, chillers, air conditioning, ventilation, heating equipment (including boilers), systems and components. Responds to HVAC/Refrigeration services calls on a daily basis supporting patient care. Performs routine Preventive Maintenance on HVAC equipment and systems including changing filters. Does necessary repairs to HVAC/Refrigeration and Boiler equipment as required.
1) Perform a variety of routine standard servicing and repair operations to maintain hospital buildings, equipment, furnishing, fixtures, and grounds in proper condition as directed.
2) Receive assignments and work orders. Review work orders, priority status and designate time schedules. Inform Supervisor of supplies and equipment to be requisitioned. Prepare work area and perform work such as Preventative HVAC Maintenance, light bulbs, clear drains, repair faucets, beds, chairs, tables. Carry out preventive maintenance programs under supervision as directed. Perform routine maintenance work as logged. Provide general assistance to skilled tradesmen such as Mechanics, HVAC Technicians, Electricians, Carpenters, Plumbers, Painters, etc. as directed.
3) Inspect and operate refrigeration, cooling and air conditioning systems and equipment to ensure all are functioning properly. Install new equipment and systems. Repair and maintain current equipment and systems as needed. Monitor and inspect work to ensure compliance with codes and regulations.
4) Install new equipment and systems. Repair and maintain current equipment and systems as needed. Monitor and inspect work to ensure compliance with codes and regulations. Coordinate preventive maintenance with emergency and repair work activities. Monitor and inspect work to ensure compliance with codes and regulations.
5) Coordinate preventive maintenance with emergency and repair work activities. Inspect and operate refrigeration machinery, cooler, and freezer units. Regulate refrigerant and suction valves to increase or decrease amount of refrigerant in order to maintain desired degree of compression. Maintain and repair systems; test efficiency of system and make adjustments as needed to thermostatic controls and blowers.
6) Install refrigeration machinery, air conditioning equipment, water coolers and small refrigerators.
7) Perform brazing, soldering and similar procedures as required.
8) Uses Lockout Tagout when working on HVAC related equipment.
9) Maintain all required records and information pertinent to costing out work assignments as required. Prepare required reports. Apply cost effective measures in the utilization of materials and time. Keep work areas orderly, clean, and safe. Assure proper care in use of tools, equipment and supplies.
10) Maintain safety policies of the department. Wear protective equipment as required. Notify Supervisor of any safety hazards.
11) Maintain established hospital and department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Attend meetings and in-services as required. Maintain professional growth and development through education programs, etc.
12) Participate in on call rotation. Put hospital interests at a high priority. Fill shifts where needed and staying late if necessary.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Chlorofluorocarbon Certification – Environmental Protection Agency
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.