Food and Nutrition - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Food and Nutrition
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Cross trained to do all FSA/ Café/ Functions and Room Service Production Duties . Performs general services and support duties within Patient Services area, including but not limited to serving food, station set-up, break-down and clean-up, food station prep and loading patient trays on to food trucks/delivering food trucks to the various patient floors, collect trash and discard as needed, wash pots and pans. Also is trained in Room Service Production area, and can distinguish quality preparation and products . Also has been trained in Proper preparation methods. Incumbent is required to use good service techniques, proper food handling techniques and proper sanitation procedures. Reports any situation/opportunities to Supervisor.
1) Maintains sanitary environment in the work area. Clean and sanitize all work areas after performing job tasks in accordance with National Restaurant Association Guidelines. Clean and sanitize all equipment and utensils after completing a job routine. Follows NRA standards for separation of raw/cooked uses. Maintains clean environment of work station throughout shift, including cabinets, counters, shelves, etc. Promote the environment of the department, (food quality, cleanliness, etc.).
2) Practices proper infection control. Properly washes hands in accordance with departmental infection control standards. Follow correct procedure in using hair restraint as identified in department infection control standards. Maintains neat and clean uniform and self, as observed by supervisor and perceived by customers/patients. Uses gloves in proper situations , when preparing Ready to eat products. Follows the Safe Procedures for using knives, and for Sanitizing of all equipment after uses to prevent Cross Contamination..
3) Sets up and maintains work station for serving customers/patients correctly. Gathers all tools and necessary equipment needed to operate individual station according to departmental guidelines. Operates individual work station within specified time frames as published in job outlines posted on department bulletin boards. Maintains proper stock of food, dishes and serving utensils, and promptly re-orders and re-supplies depleted items with no more than 3-5 interruptions in service per year.
4) Develops and maintains good interpersonal relationships. Maintains effective working relationship with peers, guests and other hospital employees that reflects mutual respect, professionalism and courtesy. Promotes good rapport with customers, guests and patients.
5) Responds to departmental staffing needs. Employee identifies a need to assist a customer, and utilizes resources within his/her authority to help. Employee anticipates operational needs of the department and displays teamwork in assisting fellow employees. Employee demonstrates flexibility in being moved from one assigned position to another to achieve proper departmental productivity. There will be no interruption of quality of work regardless of where daily assignment places employee. Employee can differentiate the need for occasional. Variations to patient menus and orders , and realize That not all patients may follow exact menu selections Due to Nutritional Needs of Patient.
6) Service Awareness – Creates a customer-friendly atmosphere. Projects a positive attitude and sincere concern for our customer. Communicates and responds effectively in a courteous and helpful manner with patients, visitors and staff. Communicates in a professional manner with all contacts as observed by supervisor and feedback from others. Does not allow his/her self to become involved in behaviors detrimental to the success of the department and the team. Encourages and supports a customer service approach among work groups and team members as observed by Supervisor and feedback from others. Demonstrates the ability to “go the extra mile” in meeting all customer needs as observed by Supervisor and customer feedback.
Required Work Experience:
1) Read, write and speak English
2) Must be able to read and properly use recipes
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Proper food handling skills a must
2) Observe all health and safety requirements
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.