Food and Nutrition - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Food and Nutrition
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Performs general services and support duties within Patient Services area, including but not limited to serving food, station set-up, break-down and clean-up, food station prep and loading patient trays on to food trucks/delivering food trucks to the various patient floors, collect trash and discard as needed, wash pots and pans. Incumbent is required to use good service techniques, proper food handling techniques and proper sanitation procedures. Reports any situation/opportunities to Supervisor.
1) Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards.
2) Sets up and serves patient trays in accordance with established schedule and procedures.
3) Cleans the kitchen area and cooking utensils; operates dish machine, strips and cleans food carts.
4) Washes and cuts vegetables and fruits and prepares cold food products according to established procedures.
5) Performs cafeteria duties including serving of food, operating grill or cash register as assigned.
6) Assist with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
7) Maintains department records, reports and files as required.
8) Participates in education programs, in-service meetings, and department meetings.
Required Work Experience:
1) Must read, write and speak English
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Read, write and speak English
2) Proper food handling skills a must
3) Observe all health and safety requirements
4) Ability to operate register
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.